ADVICE to all passengers who did not travel due to the corona virus pandemic is that the safest way to get their money is to use their travel, said today Aleksandar Senicic, director of the National Association of Travel Agencies (YUTA).
The Minister of Trade, Tourism and Telecommunications of Serbia, Tatjana Matić, said today that the deadline for replacement trips has been extended until December 31, 2022, and Seničić told Tanjug TV that this is a realistic deadline and that agencies need the opportunity to make those trips in progress. next season.
He emphasized that it is not enough that the agencies have worked only three months in the past two years to provide enough money to cover the costs they had, as well as that there are very few tourist trips at this time, and that the question is how to take place due to the epidemic in the coming period.
According to YUTA data, 53 percent of substitute trips have been used so far, which is far less than expected to be realized, and that has led to the problem of the existence of a large number of travel agencies in Serbia, Senicic stated. He said that for all those who will not succeed or for some reason will not be able to realize a replacement trip, the obligation remains to provide money on January 1, 2023.
Minister Matić stated that at today’s session of the Government of Serbia, an amendment to the decree on the offer of a replacement trip for a tourist trip was adopted, which was canceled or not realized due to the kovida-19 pandemic.
– Due to the pandemic and mass cancellations of tourist trips, which were partially or fully paid by March 15, 2020, regardless of the period of realization, the deadline for the use of replacement trips has been extended until December 31, 2022 – said Matic.
Follow us through iOS and android apps