The ninth three-day congress of the Association of Cardiovascular Surgeons of Serbia starts today in BELGRADE, and more than 350 cardio and vascular surgeons and experts from other fields of medicine from Serbia, but also from the region and Europe will exchange their knowledge and experiences in the treatment of cardiovascular diseases.
Announcing the meeting in Belgrade, Minister of Health Zlatibor Loncar pointed out that this year’s congress gathered the most prominent experts from several important fields of medicine from the country and abroad and addressed the most important topics in cardiac and vascular surgery, but also anesthesiology and perfusion.
Also, during the congress, it will be held through workshops which, as he stated, deal with the most common and most complicated conditions in cardiovascular surgery and anesthesia.
– The importance of the congress is contributed by the frequency and necessity of vascular and other surgical procedures of kovid patients, and the valuable and complex experience of doctors and members of the Association from kovid hospital Batajnica and other doctors who perform such operations additionally contributes to the relevance and prestige of the congress – said Lončar at the press conference. holding a congress and marking the 20th anniversary of the founding of the Association of Cardiovascular Surgeons of Serbia.
The Minister expressed his belief that the Congress will enable better interconnection and cooperation of experts from the countries of the region, and beyond.
– As a trainee, I have not had the opportunity to use such workshops, which means that young doctors and trainees can get to know the blood vessels, instruments, material they work with and how they should work, and that many they learn that before they get the opportunity to operate ‘- Lončar emphasized.
He pointed out that a large number of cardiovascular patients from the region, but also from EU countries, come for surgery in Serbia, and that, as he says, that proves the quality and what result our experts in cardiovascular surgery achieve.
– This speaks of their work in the past 20 years, I am sure that they will be the pride of Serbian medicine in future generations, and they take care of younger generations and try to transfer knowledge, invest in young people who will treat future generations – said Lončar .
The dean of the Medical Faculty of the University of Belgrade and the director of the Clinic for Vascular and Endovascular Surgery of the KCS, Lazar Davidović, said that the organization of the congress was a feat because it was held in the circumstances of a coronary virus pandemic.
He stated that the interest of doctors in specializations for cardio and vascular surgery has increased in recent years, as well as that the clinic does not lack medical staff and that in the last few years they have hired four surgeons under an accelerated procedure.
– Thanks to the employment policy pursued by the Ministry of Health in recent years, hiring the best graduated doctors in the generation, not only is the outflow of staff prevented, but it also enables them to remain the best in our institutions. In that way, four doctors have been admitted to our clinic in the last few years – said Davidović.
He expressed his belief that young doctors in our country will be retained by the fact that they will work in much better conditions than the older generations.
– The building of the Clinical Center of Serbia is being completed quickly and our young colleagues will have the opportunity to work in much better conditions than, say, my generation that enrolled in the Faculty of Medicine in 1977. I believe that this will be their motive to stay in Serbia – stated Davidović.
He added that the number of surgical procedures was reduced last year, but that, unlike some other areas of medicine, it was reduced by only 30 percent.
– This is because, in addition to emergencies, there are also a large number of urgent patients whose condition is such that prolonging the operation means that the patient will lose a leg or die – said Davidović.
Secretary General of the Association of Cardiovascular Surgeons of Serbia Igor Koncar said that during three days, experts from Serbia and abroad will hold lectures on various cardiovascular diseases, and the results collected from our hospitals on limb amputations, aortic diseases, coronary diseases will be presented.
– Modern education obliges the surgeon to go through the practical part on models and simulators. When it comes to open surgeries, there are silicone 3D models that are very realistic, and for minimally invasive procedures, there are computer simulators on which doctors learn the basic steps before entering the gym.
Loncar said that every year an increasing number of patients with cardiovascular diseases are registered, and that the main causes are smoking, stress and other diseases.
OUR HEROES: Interview with a doctor from the Kovid clinic
Follow us through iOS and android apps