ALTHOUGH he is only 12 years old, Luka Milojković from Niš has been “carrying” the title of the best accordionist in the world for half a year.
He added it to many already won recognitions and awards, on his birthday. With small fingers that masterfully play “buttons”, Luka enchanted the jury of the prestigious world competition in Spain, for the age of 10 to 12.
– The competition in Spain was great, just like the nervousness I had, but I still managed. I played two songs there, the first was by Viktor Vlasov “One Little Girl”, and the second was “Waltz” by Nikolai Tchaikin – this young accordionist, a sixth grade student, tells us.
He also tells us that the accordion makes him happy, and that he fell in love with it in his early childhood, listening to his father and uncle, also excellent musicians, as they play and practice.
– I fell in love with the accordion next to my dad who played with his brother. As a kid, I used to listen to it all the time, and that’s how I started playing. I love the accordion, and when I practice and play I never get bored. I like to play everything, but mostly folk music – Luka reveals his favorite “specialty”.
It is quite clear, however, that apart from the folk beats, the fingers of this young virtuoso are also skilled in playing classical music. And what he fails to master alone or with his father, Luka learned at the Music School or in private lessons.
– I play alone whenever I have a free moment, and I also play with my father. From the age of eight, I also go to the Music School, attend classes in the class of Professor Predrag Jovanović, and I also study privately with the professor, so I practice a lot of time. That is the only way to achieve success – Luka will say seriously.
He does not hide that his famous accordionist Ljubisa Pavkovic is his idol. Although he doesn’t make much difference in the types of accordion, Luka usually plays the “button”, just like his father.
– There are differences in the sound, but those are the nuances. In fact, it’s hard to play the accordion. First, it takes a long time to become related to her, and only then does the gift you have come out of you – this boy is honest, who has won more than 10 first prizes in domestic and international competitions so far.
His friends are also proud of his success, so it has become common for Luka to take his “button” to a music class and play.
– My friends are proud of my awards in Serbia, Bosnia, Austria, Spain …
HE SETS HIS OWN GOALS
The most proud of Luka is his father Dragan, who also grew up with the sounds of the accordion.
– Even as a very young child, Luka showed interest in playing. He had a small accordion and he always “rehearsed” songs next to my brother and me. Later, we realized that he was really attracted to the accordion and we enrolled him in the Music School in Nis. He won the title of the best very quickly. He is a boy who sets high goals for himself without other people’s influence and pressure and steps forward with his own work and effort – says Dragan Milojković.
Follow us through iOS and android apps