It happened to many that they inserted the card into the money machine, that they heard the sound of counting, but that the money did not come out. The reasons are different, from breakdowns, lack of money in the machine, or actions of the deceived. The refund procedure, however, can take 24 hours, but also 15 days.
When Vladimir T. from Belgrade recently intended to withdraw his salary from an ATM of a bank where he does not have an account, the device returned the card, but did not pay the money.
– First I had to go to my branch where I wrote a complaint, but I also reported the case to the bank whose ATM it is – says our interlocutor.
– The problem was that the ATM was not filled with money. Although there were no problems in proving that the device did not pay me the money, I waited for it for two days. Namely, I had to pick it up at that ATM, and the officers refilled it only two days later. When that happened to me I found out that there are those who have gone through much worse. The biggest problem and objection is that the bank debits the account as soon as the money is requested, and not after the payment.
In case the ATM does not pay the money, and the funds remain indebted, a complaint is submitted to the bank whose machine “stole” the money. The client can also contact his bank, which will instead file a complaint with the ATM owner.
If the user is not satisfied with the answer, or he does not arrive within 15 days, he can also complain to the National Bank of Serbia – Sector for Protection of Financial Services Users.
– The facts are determined from the “logs” of the ATM in a short period of time and the funds are returned to the user – they say in the NBS.
– The procedure is much simpler and faster if the problem occurs when withdrawing cash at the ATM that issued the card. The complaint procedure ends within one bank and in practice lasts shorter than in the case when the acceptor is another bank. That is why it is recommended to users that if they are able to withdraw money at the ATMs of “their” bank. In practice, this is usually the fastest way to determine whether it is only a reservation of funds on the user’s account or a debit.
Photo: Tanjug / Sava Radovanović
If, however, at the time of the transaction, the ATM cannot pay the amount because it has run out of cash, the transaction will be automatically canceled and the user will not be debited from the account.
– The reason why the ATM does not pay the money may be a technical malfunction at the ATM itself, on the device that counts and transports banknotes to the place where the user picks them up – they explain in the NBS.
– An ATM is such a device that in its “logs” records all the functions performed on the ATM, both those in regular situations and those when a certain technical problem occurs.
CROATS HALF LESS
CURRENTLY, 3,122 ATMs have been installed throughout Serbia, belonging to financial institutions operating in our country. While the news arrived a few days ago that Croats plan to halve their ATM network, our Central Bank says that commercial banks in our country intend to improve them, because they provide services other than withdrawing cash, such as paying money into a current account, paying utility bills , checking the current account balance.
BEHIND the “swallowing” of money in the ATM may be a “cash trapping” scam. Someone who is abusing, puts a device on the ATM that when the ATM starts paying cash, keeps that money in the part of the ATM that is not available to the client, and from where it can be taken later when the user leaves the ATM. Banks are installing additional devices that prevent abuse. In accordance with the Law on Payment Services, banks incur losses above 3,000 dinars if the money is taken away with a lost or stolen payment card.
For more news, follow us on our official Facebook page – let’s be “on you”.
A new dimension of news, your “Nportal.rs”.