DURING December, primarily due to the New Year’s holidays, a decision will be made that without a kovid certificate, one cannot stay in catering facilities later than 6 p.m. Currently, this rule applies from 8 p.m.
According to the information of our paper, a part of the doctors in the crisis headquarters, led by Dr. Predrag Kon, demanded that the validity of KOVID passes be extended for the whole day. However, that was rejected and such an option is no longer on the table.
– Kovid passes will certainly be one of the main topics at one of the next sessions of the crisis headquarters. It turned out that their introduction had a good effect. The number of infected people has dropped, and the number of vaccinated people is increasing. Based on the consultations so far, my assessment is that we will extend their validity for another two hours. The New Year is coming, which is a potentially great danger because a large number of people will stay in closed facilities – says a source from the crisis headquarters.
The epidemiologist and member of the crisis staff, Dr. Branislav Tiodorović, confirmed that the proposal to ask for certificates throughout the day was dropped. He points out that conditions have not been created for the implementation of such a measure.
– You need to be objective. You have to bring a measure and make that measure ideal, from a medical, professional point of view. However, the question arises whether it is applicable, whether it is possible to implement it in practice, whether it is possible to control it, whether we can achieve its effect, and yet there are not all the conditions for that – Tiodorović emphasized.
A baby from the crown died in Tirsova
A baby less than two months old died from the consequences of the coronavirus at the clinic in Tirsova.
– Unfortunately, the first baby we received and who was only ten days old at the reception passed away last week. We fought for her life for almost six weeks – said Dr. Snezana Rsovac from this clinic.
She emphasized that two more babies were placed in Tirsova and that their current condition is good.
– One month old baby is in intensive care, while the other managed to recover even though she was on a respirator for a long time. All other children at that clinic are fine – she pointed out and added that the number of admissions of infected children has decreased.
Young people, who are most resistant to vaccination, are increasingly paying with their heads for refusing vaccination and dying from the consequences of the corona.
– An unvaccinated girl aged only 25 died of kovida-19 – said Dr. Branislav Tiodorović, a member of the crisis staff.
Speaking about the holidays for students, he stated that two models have been proposed, ie that the holidays start on December 15 or 25.
– We’re closer to another model. We must respect the position of educators – he added.
Prof. Tiodorović warned that, despite the fall of the newly infected, there is still no place to relax because the hospitals are full of patients with a severe clinical picture.
– What can I say when they tell me from the Infectious Diseases Clinic that they place patients in the dining room and that other covid hospitals also have a large number of patients. I am especially worried about the data on the number of deaths, which we do not like at all. We will be able to talk about the improvement of the epidemic situation only if the number of deaths falls to a single-digit number – Tiodorović concluded.
The slowest decline in Novi Sad
President Aleksandar Vučić also spoke about the situation with the coronavirus yesterday, saying that the numbers are falling and that we are in a much better position than a month ago.
– And I still expect a decline in the coming days. At the moment, the numbers are falling the slowest in Novi Sad, they fell faster in Belgrade, but in the capital they first started to grow – said Vučić and stated that for now there is no need for new measures.
Dacic: We will not be like Austria
The President of the National Assembly, Ivica Dačić, called on people to be vaccinated, and when it comes to whether lockdown will be reintroduced in Serbia, as in Austria, he emphasized that the crisis headquarters, ie the Government of Serbia, decides on that, but assessed that it is unlikely that this will happen.
– It is difficult to go in that direction – said Dacic.
He said that he received three doses of the vaccine, and that some of his friends who did not want to be vaccinated passed away.
Follow us through iOS and android apps