At the session of the Crisis Staff, there will be several important topics on the table, from the holidays to the celebration of the New Year.
Epidemiologist and member of the Crisis Staff, Dr. Predrag Kon, stated that the date of the new session will be specified this week, and there will be several important topics on the table, from the holidays to the New Year’s celebration.
– We will talk about everything that worries us, as well as about the situation, ie the fall of the corona numbers, and whether the calming down is temporary and as a result of covid pass and extension of the holidays. All these topics are important, especially because the decisions must be announced earlier, both for the holidays, and for the celebration of the New Year and gatherings in general – says Kon.
He points out that the extension of the holidays gave results, so the number of patients in primary schools was reduced five times, and even ten in secondary schools.
– Already in the first week of returning to school, the number of patients increased, and during this or next week we will return to the level that was before the holidays, so we will monitor how the virus will be transmitted further – says the epidemiologist.
He adds that the numbers are not growing too much in schools, but that the problem will be the flu, which appears in the second half of December. When asked when the winter break will begin, Dr. Kon says:
Dr. Tiodorović mentioned December 15, and we certainly thought it would be in the second half of December. St. Nicholas falls on Sunday, December 19, so we should think about that, in agreement with the Ministry of Education, of course.
He says that going to winter and ski resorts is something that must be thought about, and with which we had a bad experience last year.
– Everyone said that the measures were respected there, and they came back infected – says Dr. Kon.
When it comes to the announcements that the unvaccinated will not be able to get a ski pass, Dr. Kon says that it was not discussed, but that he is glad that the ski resorts are thinking about it.
– It is both necessary and useful – says Dr. Kon.
He points out that the medical part of the Crisis Staff is still for the 24-hour use of kovid passes, while their introduction of 6 pm would not give any special results.
– An hour or two downstairs doesn’t make any difference. Explanations were given, and it has now become clear, that the main explanation was that kovid passes were introduced gradually to make them easier to control. We believe that they should be valid for 24 hours, but it is good that the passes in this interval also gave results. We have to understand that the medical part is not the only one in the crisis headquarters and the decisions we make are complex – says Dr. Kon.
BONUS VIDEO: IT HAS NEVER BEEN HARDER – “Novosti” reporters in the red zone of the kovid hospital in Batajnica
Follow us through iOS and android apps