The weather forecast published by meteorologist Marko Čubrilo predicts cool weather for tomorrow, while it will be noticeably warmer in the coming days. As he wrote on his Facebook profile, warm weather awaits us from Thursday, but with frequent rain and wind.
– Around 29.11, with the relocation of the cold front, stronger cooling, mountain snow, and short-term snow occurrence is sometimes possible in the lowlands. The beginning of December will probably be marked by temperatures around the average, with frequent, starting, worsening. More concrete snow for now only in the mountains. Today, it will clear up in the north, while there will still be a lot of clouds in the south, sometimes with light rain, and in the mountains over 800 meters above sea level, sometimes with light snow – writes Čubrilo.
The meteorologist states that it will be quite cold during the night and in the morning frost from -1 to -4 is expected over most of the northern half of the region, and in some places outdoors and in case of fog and about -5 degrees Celsius.
– There will be frost on the higher mountains as well. During the day, mostly sunny, dry and cool with a daily maximum of +5 to +11 degrees Celsius. The wind is weak, and in the evening on the Adriatic and in the Košava area it is getting stronger – explains Čubrilo. From Thursday, the influence of the Mediterranean cyclone will spread towards us, whose first frontal system will switch to us on Thursday night and cause rain with clouds, and along the Adriatic coast and in the immediate hinterland of the coast there will be very heavy rain and thunder showers. Along the Adriatic, the south wind is strengthening, and in the Košava area, strong and stormy, warm, Košava until the evening. After a cold morning during the day, it is noticeably warmer with a maximum of +8 to +15 degrees Celsius – states Čubrilo.
Weather forecast until the end of the week
The weather forecast published by Čubrilo for Friday predicts passing rain, less frequent thunder showers due to the relocation of the cloud system to the north.
– Mostly dry in the afternoon. On Friday, the daily maximum is from +11 to +18 degrees Celsius. On Saturday, a new worsening is expected, which will cause the appearance of rain, strong south wind (jugo, košava), and in some places there may be thunder showers. The models do not yet have the final strength of that Geneva cyclone, but the morning UKMO model on November 29th. simulates a central air pressure below 986Hpa, which are very low values - says the meteorologist.
Weather forecast for next week
– When the cold front of that cyclone crosses the region on Monday, significantly colder air from Central Europe will reach us, and with stronger cooling of precipitation over 600 m above sea level, it will quickly turn into snow, and the occurrence of snow could be significantly lower, below 200 m, especially on November 30. when some lower parts of the region with more snow could accumulate a few cm. There will be no snowstorms in the lowlands because we will only be on November 29th. at the end of the day, it will enter the cold sector of that cyclone, and by then most of the precipitation will slowly weaken or stop, so that the lowlands will only accumulate a few cm of snow for a short time. On the other side of the mountain, especially over 900mvn, they can accumulate about 15cm of snow in some places – it is written in the weather forecast.
He states that it will be relatively warm until November 30, in the southeast up to 13 degrees, while then it will become colder over the entire region with maximum temperatures of 2 to 6 degrees Celsius.
Weather forecast for the first days of December
– After 01.12. briefly dry with morning frosts, and around 03.12. there is a signal for possible new deterioration but also thawing. Further development of synoptics for now is moving towards the trend of changeable weather with frequent transient deteriorations, rain and possible transient snow in the lower and snow in the hilly and mountainous areas of the region. For now, at least until about 08.12. there is no signal for stronger cooling with more concrete snow in the lowlands, but it is a very long period and can very easily be changed.
– In summary, after Wednesday, the influence of a strong, Geneva cyclone will follow, with stormy gusts of southern wind (jugo and košava), heavy rain, which will be very abundant along the Adriatic coast and accompanied by thunder. About 28.11. quite low atmospheric pressure should be expected, while after 29.11. with the cooling of the passing snow, it can also be in the lowlands – wrote Čubrilo on his Facebook profile.
BONUS VIDEO: THE SECRET OF GOOD CHEESE – How, and from what, is chabar made?
Follow us through iOS and android apps