The ceremonial academy in Mitrovica Palace yesterday marked the Day of the Municipality of Kosovska Mitrovica and the liberation of the city in the Second World War. The Golden Charter and the Keys of the City were awarded to the President of Serbia, Aleksandar Vučić, and were received on his behalf by Jelena Stojković, Deputy Director of the Office for Kosovo and Metohija.
This decision was previously unanimously decided by the temporary body of the municipality of Kosovska Mitrovica, and the explanation states that President Vučić is awarded “for exceptional contribution to preserving peace and stability, survival and work of Serbian institutions in the Autonomous Province of Kosovo and Metohija, as well as daily support to the municipality and citizens.” Kosovska Mitrovica “.
In a letter of thanks for the awards, read at the ceremonial academy, President Vučić stated that “the charters of your and our Kosovska Mitrovica” have a special meaning and special emotional value for him, because they come as a confirmation that today’s Serbia is always with its people in Kosovo and Metohija.
– Behind every recognition is dedicated work and effort, but I understand what you have given me today as recognition for the efforts we have made all these years to preserve, even in the most difficult conditions, peace and security of our people in the province, and then our unity, without which there would be no today’s results and record investments of the state of Serbia in the development of Serbian communities in Kosovo and Metohija – it is stated in the letter of President Vučić.
He pointed out that today Serbia is at the forefront of economic development, foreign direct investment, GDP growth and as such is a guarantor of a strong Kosovska Mitrovica and an even more intensive investment cycle in Kosovo and Metohija:
– That is why, dear friends, our destinies are inextricably linked and I will always fight for the prosperity and progress of Kosovska Mitrovica and all our communities in the province, whether they are located south or north of the Ibar!
Celebrating big dates, such as November 23 for Kosovska Mitrovica, the Day of Liberation from the Enemy in the Second World War, as President Vučić said, always has a historical and modern dimension.
– Remembering with pride the glorious past and glorious ancestors, we have an even more serious and stronger obligation, but also the desire to provide all citizens and generations to come with a secure future in this area, to enable displaced Serbs to return to their homes, and others safe and safe survival – it is stated in Vučić’s letter, which ends with the message: “Long live Kosovska Mitrovica, long live Serbia!”
Municipal charters have also been awarded to the Government Office for Kosovo and Metohija, as well as to deserving institutions and individuals.
– This Day obliges us to keep the most valuable thing, and that is freedom. We strive for it and that is why we cultivate the memory of all those who gave their lives, sacrificing themselves so that we could live better. As a free people, we strive for freedom and peace to be our main and basic mission. This is what our President Aleksandar Vučić is doing, who, with dialogue, conversation and agreement, is creating better conditions for peace not only in this area but also in the Balkans – said Aleksandar Spirić, the president of the temporary body of Kosovska Mitrovica.
Goran Rakić, the president of the Serbian List, also addressed those present at the ceremonial academy, emphasizing that patience is a characteristic of the Serbian people that overcomes all adversities and temptations.
– Our fight lasts too long, but we are patient and thanks to that we will remain on our own – said Rakić.
OPEN BRIDGE ON DUDINA KRŠ
On the occasion of the Day of the Municipality, wreaths were laid at the monument to the fallen fighters of the national liberation war and miners on the hill Kukavica above Kosovska Mitrovica, which were laid by representatives of the Office for Kosovo and Metohija, the City, Serbian List and Subnor. Then, a bridge was opened on Duda’s karst, while reconstruction and construction began within the Clinical-Hospital Center, which will be carried out in phases.
TRANSMITTING the greetings of Petar Petković, director of the Office for Kosovo and Metohija, who was not allowed to enter Kosmet by the Pristina authorities on Tuesday morning, his deputy Jelena Stojković pointed out that Kosovska Mitrovica is a large construction site today, that the city is progressing, and that the Office for Kosovo and Metohija is always there. along with the citizens and their people in Kosmet.
Follow us through iOS and android apps