The Minister of Finance in the Government of the Republic of Serbia and member of the Presidency of the Serbian Progressive Party, Siniša Mali, reacted today to the latest statement of Djilas’ main employee Dušan Nikezić, which he assessed as crazy and noted that he again shows envy and hatred, spiced with criticism without arguments.
He pointed out that Nikezic insults the citizens of Serbia when he says that the increase in the minimum wage from January 1 next year is problematic, because they remember the harmful policy that was conducted while he and his boss were in power.
– Nikezic, the pillar of the budget is not the minimum wage that is not even in the budget, but capital investments, ie everything that citizens have been dreaming about for decades, and which was unattainable due to the thieves of those who ruled – roads, subway, health, ecology and fig. You would know that if you read the Budget Proposal, instead of talking by heart. It is clear that both you and your boss are worried, because there is no space in the budget for next year for you, your boss and others like you. By the way, it is clear to the madman that there is a drastic difference in the issue of citizens’ earnings today and in the past when you ruled. The minimum wage in 2022 will be 80 percent higher than in 2012, and more than doubled compared to 2010. In the same period, the real purchasing power of the minimum wage will increase by 34.9 percent compared to 2012, and even by about 40 percent higher in real terms than in 2010. So, from January 1 next year, the minimum salary will be slightly higher than 35,000 dinars, or about 300 euros. Unlike you, we create, we build, while you enjoyed the misfortune of the citizens you created, because you stole money from those same citizens, whom you now falsely care about, which ended up in private accounts from Mauritius, through Switzerland to Hong Kong – stated Mali.
Mali stated that public finances in Serbia are stable today, that there is money and reminded that large investments are planned for next year as well, which is why the budget plans the amount for capital investments of 406.7 billion dinars, which is 6.1 percent of GDP. and, while at the level of the general government, that figure is around 485.8 billion dinars, or 7.3 percent of GDP. As he explained, that will additionally contribute to the creation of a more favorable business and life environment in Serbia.
– No matter how much it bothered Djilas or Nikezic, the budget for next year is based on realistic assumptions and estimates. We always strive to achieve more, which is why we focus on a better standard of living for citizens. The idea is to do everything possible to develop as fast as possible and for our economy to grow, which is why we are implementing the “Serbia 2025” plan, which means that the average salary for four years will be around 900 euros, and the average pension from 420 to 430 euros. – he stated.
He explained that special attention was given to the most endangered groups of the population, which are taken care of today, so it is foreseen in the budget for 2022.
– Allocations from the budget for veteran and disability protection in 2022 have increased by 257 million dinars, while allocations for student standards and scholarships are higher by 368 million dinars, compared to allocations in 2021. Reduction for social benefits refers to funds from EU funds, source of funding 56, due to the completion of projects financed from EU funds, and social benefits are planned on the basis of regulations and estimates of the number of beneficiaries and in accordance with the above can not plan more the amount of funds – he stated.
He also stated that he was surprised that Nikezić and his boss mentioned the salaries of citizens, because half of the amount that is paid today was a noun in their time. As he explained, for example, the salaries of medical workers will be increased by 8% next year, so the salary of medical technicians and nurses will be around 61,500 dinars net, doctors on specialization will have a salary of 95,890 dinars net, and a specialist doctor almost 120,000 dinars. net. He pointed out that it is crazy to talk about poverty today, forgetting how people lived while they were sitting in armchairs, and stated that the data on the increase in the number of employed people speaks best about the standard of living of the population. He added that no one can still be satisfied with the standard of living, which is why his growth is a priority, but that the noticeable changes are better.
– Today, more than 2.2 million people receive a salary on the formal labor market, which is an increase of as much as 341,000 people compared to 2012. Despite the negative effects of the pandemic, the unemployment rate has not increased, and is drastically lower than the 26 percent it was in 2012. Today, it is 11.1 percent, and we achieved that with an economic package to move the economy and the population during 2020 and 2021. The success of this economic aid package has been confirmed by the absence of negative effects on the labor market and economic activity, while preserving jobs in both the private and public sectors. The pre-pandemic level of economic activity was reached in the first quarter of 2021, and the state was a strong support for the domestic economy and citizens throughout 2021. I will remind you, the aid package is worth 8 billion euros – said Mali.
He mentioned that both Djilas and his employees are constantly telling fairy tales, probably forgetting that they lost the audience a long time ago.
– So they said that we invent that the salary will be 500 euros, and we not only fulfilled the promise, but the average salary in Serbia continued to grow, and we expect that at the end of this year it will be 620 euros. It is worrying that this interesting team is counting on the oblivion of the citizens. There is no one who would forget the misdeeds they dealt with, which they will be convinced of in the elections that will be organized next year – said Mali.
He said that Nikezic’s story about inflation is also crazy, because it is about inflation at the global level, and in Serbia today, even in the conditions of the coronary virus pandemic, it is single-digit.
– We do not forget the double-digit inflation that was in their time, because it was over 11 percent, while before the pandemic, today’s, host Serbia had low and stable inflation of about 2 percent a year. If Nikezic does not know, it is time to inform him that inflation is caused by global factors and that it is happening in most countries. Due to the pandemic, demand for products was at a very low level, which is why the year-on-year inflation rate was expected to be higher. It is expected that the growth of prices, although minimal, will stabilize at the beginning of next year – he stated and added that regardless of the growth of prices, Serbia today has stable public finances, which is why we have enough money for a real increase in salaries and pensions. Unlike them, we do it on a sustainable basis – he stated.
He also pointed out that he could not be surprised by Nikezic’s statement where, among other things, he states that Serbia has a handful of foreign investors.
– Gentlemen, while you have invested in your own pockets, today’s host Serbia has become a safe and respected country, in which numerous domestic and foreign investors find their interest, a country where there is work. We have created a predictable and favorable business environment for investment and employment. I will also remind that critic that foreign direct investments reached 3.18 billion euros by the first decade of November, which is more than last year’s inflow. While we were opening factories and hiring people, you were leaving them on dry bread. So much for a handful of foreign investors. Today, Serbia is creating a secure environment in order to increase employment, but also the salaries of citizens – concluded Mali.
Follow us through iOS and android apps