TEENAGER SZ (16) from Vranje died on November 18 from coronavirus in the Nis clinic for children’s internal diseases after 14 days of fighting on a respirator. According to the available data, this boy is the tenth patient among the minors to whom Kovid took his life.
Dr. Zoran Perišić, director of UCC Niš, said that a 16-year-old boy died last week in this institution from covid and that the child had a high body mass index, ie was obese, which is a big risk factor in covid.
– An adolescent from Vranje, who was in 2005 and had a high body mass index, with a severe clinical picture of kovid, was admitted to the UCC on October 24. He was placed in the department of the Clinic for Children’s Internal Diseases and from the very beginning he was on the so-called high-flow, ie high oxygen flow – says Dr. Perišić and adds that due to the worsening of the condition, on the ninth day, ie November 4, he was transferred to a respirator:
– However, on the evening of November 18, his blood pressure, saturation and heart rate dropped sharply. Attempts were made to resuscitate, which, unfortunately, failed and the doctors could only state the death – says Dr. Perišić and adds that the adolescent was treated by anesthesiologists, pediatric surgeons, ENT specialists, thoracic surgeons and a cardiac surgeon.
The father of the VZ boy said that the doctors gave their best and praised all their attempts to save the child. The father did not want to comment because the family is in great pain, Novosti writes.
Pediatrician Dr. Dejan Jonev from DZ “Dr Simo Milosevic” told Kurir that obesity and associated diseases, such as asthma or diabetes, give each patient an increased risk of infection.
– In obese children, the risk is increased because the susceptibility of the virus to adipose tissue is higher. I guess in this case it is a delta strain infection, which has been proven to be rampant among children and to be far more contagious and spread faster. Our children get sick more and more, end up on a respirator and, unfortunately, die, and some older patients pass with a lighter picture. There are no more rules and you have seen that no one is spared.
10 children died
– In 2020, two newborns and two children aged one to four died
– On April 26, 2021, a nine-year-old boy from Vranje died in the University Medical Center Nis due to bilateral pneumonia caused by coronavirus
– On October 19, a sixteen-year-old high school student in Kruševac, positive for coronavirus, died at home
– On October 29, a 13-year-old boy died in the Sombor hospital from a pulmonary embolism, which was a consequence of a bedridden covid registered a month earlier, and the boy was obese and had diabetes.
– On November 4, a 17-year-old teenager from Čačak died after three weeks of fighting for his life on a respirator at the Institute for Mother and Child, he was obese
– a baby died last week in Tirsova after a six-week fight by doctors to save her, who was only 10 days old when she was admitted to this hospital
– On November 18, a 16-year-old teenager died at the UCC Nis as a result of a coronavirus
BONUS VIDEO: OUR HEROES: Interview with a doctor from the Kovid clinic
Follow us through iOS and android apps