Since June last year, the process of in vitro fertilization has been interrupted on two occasions due to the epidemiological situation, but in addition, 300 more couples were sent for in vitro fertilization compared to 2019, said today the director of the Republic Health Insurance Fund (RHIF) Sanja Radojevic Skodric .
She told TV K1 that this year the largest number of couples underwent extracorporeal diving, as many as 6,600, while in 2020 there were 2,600.
– This is a consequence of the fact that we have really done a lot, since June last year we have expanded our rights, so that couples, ie women who have turned 43, can go at the expense of the state, and until then the limit was 42 – said Radojevic Skodric and added that ahead of Serbia is only Israel, where the border has been for 45 years.
She stated that Serbia has introduced an unlimited number of stimulated in vitro fertilizations, and that a woman can go through that process as long as the doctors approve it.
– We also enabled six in vitro fertilizations and frozen embryos for the first child and freezing of potential embryos up to six and we enabled the one who has the first child to get the second from in vitro fertilization, but then the number of attempts was limited to two, so now we are working on that increase – she stated.
Radojevic Skodric points out that all possible reliefs are planned, and that those who naturally had their first child, can have a second child through in vitro fertilization at the expense of the state, as well as that men who have frozen reproductive material can go at the expense of the state. to in vitro fertilization.
– We are working to release an unlimited number of stimulants for the first child, and an unlimited number of attempts and frozen embryos. That would be the maximum expansion – the director of the RHIF added.
Vaccine factory in Serbia
She also answered questions about the vaccine factory in our country, stating that it is extremely important to have domestic production of vaccines in both regular and emergency circumstances.
– This provides us with security and independence in providing sufficient quantities, and that we can get new innovative vaccines in time that adapt to new strains. We do not have to wait for our turn, but we will produce those vaccines ourselves – said Radojević Škodrić.
She said that the factory will produce Sinofarm vaccine, as well as that the first phase will be completed by the end of the year, while all permits and controls pass.
– In the first quarter of next year, we will start with the filling and packaging, and the second phase implies the production of the active substance of the vaccine. The entire process will be in the second phase, which is expected by the end of next year. For now, everything is going according to the planned deadline – she stated.
As she added, the filling of the Sinofarm vaccine started while the factory is being built in Hemofarm, and the first 450,000 doses have already been produced, whose quality control, as she says, is now being completed.
– We expect these vaccines to be on the market in February. Our market is secured first, that is an advantage when you have domestic production. The requests of the countries from the region already exist, but also some countries from the world – said Škodrić and stated that at some point they will come out with data on the price.
HPV vaccine in Serbia
When asked about the HPV vaccine, Skodric said that it should be put on the list of medicines, so that it would be free in all institutions, and not only in Vojvodina, as is the case now.
– An HPV vaccine is planned. The decision on that is made exclusively by the central commission for medicines of the RHIF, which is completely independent, but I know that it is on the priorities and is planned to be put on the list, which is planned by the end of the year – said Radojevic Skodric.
– I hope that the HPV vaccine will be available from next year and I hope that now the response will be much higher, because it is very important in the prevention of various malignant diseases and for the treatment of sterility in both girls and boys – said the director of the RHIF.
BONUS VIDEO: SECRET FORTRESSES IN GRADAC RIVER GORGE: Jerina’s town was Serbian even before Nemanjić
Follow us through iOS and android apps