THE PRESIDENT of Serbia, Aleksandar Vučić, stated today that in the last two days, two investments worth more than five billion euros have started in Serbia.
Addressing the media, he said that at the ceremony of starting the construction of the Belgrade-Novi Sad high-speed railway, he failed to say that it would cost four billion and 160 million euros and would be completed in three years.
According to him, the construction of the 108-kilometer railway between Novi Sad and Subotica alone costs 160 million euros, while the Belgrade-Novi Sad railway costs more.
– Around the subway, we all learned about the claims that they cursed me, shouted on the day when we say that we have set aside 4.5 billion euros for the next eight years. When you add up to 160 million euros, that is over 5 billion euros in two investments – said Vučić.
He also said that since he was born, people have been talking about the subway.
– After decades, 53 years of dreams from the first idea for the subway in Belgrade, someone found the money and knowledge to do it. However, not only in Djilas’s, but also in the mainstream media, I could see that pig slaughter is more important news than investments of 5 billion euros. I want to tell the people that we never had that. The metro will be one of the most modern in Europe, thanks to which the standard will increase by 20 to 50 percent – he said.
As he explained, the metro is important not only for Belgrade but for the whole of Serbia, because, he says, that investment will increase the growth of Serbia and bring people higher salaries and pensions.
He assessed that only one subway line means a lot to the residents of Karaburma and pointed out that Sava Square will be a hub for all lines.
– When you go from Banovo brdo to Mirijevo when it is peak, you need 45 to 55 minutes, and now it will take 12 to 15 minutes, without endangering anyone. That will happen in six years – said Vučić.
He also said that all other subway lines will change people’s lives.
Speaking about the railway infrastructure, he reminded that the tests of the line Belgrade – Novi Sad will be completed in January 2022, and that the commercial line could start in February.
– They say the price of 1,000 dinars is high, but if you take a luxury train you arrive in half an hour, and this is how you pay the toll, fuel – said Vučić and added that next year the expansion of the Belgrade-Novi Sad road with eight lanes will begin.
Vučić pointed out that they are currently working on the construction of 10 highways and roads, which is not being done in any country in Europe.
He explains that they are working on the Frushkogorski corridor, the highway to Bijeljina, the fast road along the Danube, the Moravian corridor, the Nis-Plocnik road, which is important for Toplica and the Serbs in Kosovo and Metohija.
It is also about roads that will make life easier for the citizens of Čačak, but also on the bypasses around Kragujevac and Mrčajevci.
– I hope that by the end of the year we will sign a contract for the construction of the road Požega-Boljare via Ivanjica. That is of key importance – said Vučić.
BONUS VIDEO: PROJECT OF HUGE SIGNIFICANCE FOR SERBIA: modern trains connect Belgrade and Budapest
Follow us through iOS and android apps