Serbian President Aleksandar Vucic arrived in Sochi today, where he will meet with Russian President Vladimir Putin tomorrow.
The main topic of the meeting between the two leaders will be gas, but other important topics will be discussed.
– Thank you Putin for the respect he shows to Serbia, that is good news for our citizens. The result is much more important for us – said Vučić.
– The result is much more important than the format. There will be many topics on the table with Putin, one of them is gas – stated the President of Serbia.
Vučić says that Putin is the one who decides.
– I came to fight for the formula. When you know the formula, then you know what price you will get. We also want to talk about formula and flexibility. Whatever we manage to get is of great economic importance. Russia takes care of its interests, but I am sure I will take care of friendly relations with Serbia – said Vucic.
The president said he believed in Putin’s friendship.
– He always understood the position of Serbia the best. He understands well the weight of the position of our country and what it is like to lead a country under pressure, how difficult it is to lead a policy of freedom, so I expect the greatest support from him – said Vučić.
President Vučić said that he had known Putin for a long time.
As he added, the personal contact between him and the President of Serbia is based on the friendly, fraternal relationship between the two peoples.
He says that Serbia is paying all due obligations today.
– Today, our relationship is such that when we say something, then it is so – said Vučić.
The president says he is nervous before the meeting with the Russian leader and that it is “a quality of people who hope for the best results”.
Follow us through iOS and android apps