DEPUTY PRIME MINISTER and Minister of Defense Dr. Nebojsa Stefanovic, who today visited the Plant for processing wood, PVC and aluminum joinery of the Military Construction Institution “Belgrade” in Sabac, pointed out that the Military Construction Institution has made a significant step forward in the last 12 months and managed to achieve construction will be at a record level.
– I am glad that our Military Construction Institution can boast that in the last 12 months it has made a significant step forward and that, by really engaging all its capacities, it has managed to achieve that the construction is at a record level. When I say that, I mean not only regular maintenance, which is very important due to the large number of facilities that the Ministry of Defense and the Serbian Army have, but also the construction of new capacities – said Minister Stefanović.
The Minister of Defense reminded that this institution participated in the construction of kovid hospitals on military land, while at this moment, the engineers of the Military Construction Institution are investing serious work in the construction of a vaccine factory.
– Also, new hangars are being built at our airports, because we want our new planes and helicopters to be in the best conditions and not to depend on what the outside temperatures are like. In addition, our intention is to improve the construction of all facilities that have been damaged by the ravages of time and are therefore inadequate for accommodating people. We are also thinking about the fact that, if the state decides to reintroduce regular military service, we have barracks that will be completely ready, with modern conditions, for the reception of young people – said Minister Stefanović.
He thanked the employees of the Wood Processing Plant in Šabac because, as he said, they are really trying and fighting to equip military facilities with their own products.
– Windows, doors, furniture are produced here. Today, we also talked about what we can do further, to invest in the procurement of new equipment, which would help make the process even more efficient – Minister Stefanović emphasized.
He also mentioned that the problem is the number of people, because there is always a need for more people and more engineers, adding that it is a battle that the state always leads with private companies.
– And that is good, because Serbia is developing. I want to thank once again, because yesterday we had the adoption of the budget, President Vučić, who had an ear for us, and we, with the new budget for 2022, received an eight percent salary increase for all employees in the Ministry of Defense and the Army, which is in addition to the Ministry of Health. the only other institution that received such a large and significant increase – Minister Stefanović pointed out.
The Minister of Defense pointed out that this is a motive and a great obligation and additional stimulus for those people, but also for everyone else in our system.
– Next year, we will invest in the purchase of machinery and equipment, not only in this plant in Sabac, but for the entire Military Construction Institution, because we want to be fully capable to perform the most important work on our own and on the maintenance of our facilities and construction. new. Once again, thank you to all the workers, thank you to the people who, regardless of the situation with kovid, did not stop working, did not stop fighting for their army and for their Serbia and I really feel a huge duty to praise all these people who work day and night managed to achieve such significant results – said Minister Stefanović.
The plant, which the Minister visited today, is intended for wood processing and production of wooden elements for the needs of performing works realized by the Military Construction Institution “Belgrade”, as well as wooden, aluminum and PVC joinery for infrastructure facilities used by the Ministry of Defense and the Serbian Army.
In the previous period, the production was focused on the production of entrance doors and windows from various materials necessary for the newly built facilities in the Ministry of Defense and the Serbian Army, and facilities on which investment maintenance was performed. In addition, the plant has the capacity to build container-type facilities.
The visit was attended by State Secretary Branko Zivanovic, Chief of the Infrastructure Administration Colonel Dr. Slobodan Starcevic, Director of the Military Construction Institution “Belgrade” Aleksandar Novkovic and Plant Manager Ivan Djuric.
Follow us through iOS and android apps