Serbian President Aleksandar Vucic arrived in Sochi today, where he will meet with Russian President Vladimir Putin tomorrow.
The main topic of the meeting between the two leaders will be gas, but other important topics will be discussed.
– Thank you Putin for the respect he shows to Serbia, that is good news for our citizens. The result is much more important for us – said Vučić.
– The result is much more important than the format. There will be many topics on the table with Putin, one of them is gas – stated the President of Serbia.
Vučić says that Putin is the one who decides.
– I came to fight for the formula. When you know the formula, then you know what price you will get. We also want to talk about formula and flexibility. Whatever we manage to get is of great economic importance. Russia takes care of its interests, but I am sure I will take care of friendly relations with Serbia – said Vucic.
The president said he believed in Putin’s friendship.
– He always understood the position of Serbia the best. He understands well the weight of the position of our country and what it is like to lead a country under pressure, how difficult it is to lead a policy of freedom, so I expect the greatest support from him – said Vučić.
President Vučić said that he had known Putin for a long time.
As he added, the personal contact between him and the President of Serbia is based on the friendly, fraternal relationship between the two peoples.
He says that Serbia is paying all due obligations today.
– Today, our relationship is such that when we say something, then it is so – said Vučić.
The president says he is nervous before the meeting with the Russian leader and that it is “a quality of people who hope for the best results”.
He added that Putin trusts us, but the outcome of the talks is uncertain.
Orden Aleksandra Nevskog
Vučić reminded that he received the Order of Alexander Nevski from President Putin and that he was the first Serb after Nikola Pašić to receive such an order.
– I am very happy because one Putin thought that I could be worthy of that order. If you look at all our numbers and how our cooperation is going, that order is something that remains written in history as a proof of good and brotherly relations between two friendly nations – said the President of Serbia.
Vučić reminded that Rio Tinto was brought to Serbia in 2001 by members of the former regime.
– No one from us brought Rio Tinto to Serbia, but representatives of the former regime who are participating in the protests today. Eight years before we came to power, and nine agreements were signed with them. Didn’t lithium bother them then? – said the President of Serbia.
Vučić said that the organizers of the protest came in cars that pollute the air.
– How many cigarettes did you light? I can’t talk about that hypocrisy – said Vučić.
The president said that “nothing is happening around Rio Tinto”.
If Rio Tinto’s proposal is not good and serious, Serbia will not even talk to that company, the president claims.
Vučić said that Aleksandar Jovanović Ćuta and his movement were financed from Austria.
– Today there is a great energy war at the world level. Energy has become everything. You have to have electricity, you have to have gas because that means industry to you. Not only dirty, but also modern. You have to secure your land, and it is easiest to say that we do not use coal and that we do not have electricity. Did you go to tell the workers in Kolubara or Kostoc? Did you go to tell a citizen in Serbia that tonight they will not be able to heat the child’s milk because there will be no electricity? Who are you lying to, who are you cheating on? – Vucic asked.
He added that the priority is to provide sufficient quantities of gas and electricity.
– Don’t think that Viola von Cramon loves Serbia more than ourselves – the president added and said that he is very nervous because it is a great rudeness for someone to think that the other side is going against Serbia, and is working directly against us and noted that no one can to convince that someone who wants an “independent Kosovo” wishes Serbia well.
Vučić reminded that Zoran Đinđić and the entire government used to tell the people in Bor to “plant peanuts”, but that the new government showed that the mine could function.
The president explained that today, in disbelief, he heard the phrase “in this difficult time” and wondered when it was a better time.
– Ten years ago was a better time? In what? In which segment? – Vucic asked.
Speaking about inflation, the President said that many people printed money and now it must be felt in smaller countries as well.
He reminded of the problems that Germany, the USA and Turkey have with inflation.
– We have flour, wheat and everything. We have a lot of goods in commodity reserves and they serve to influence the market during the crisis – said Vučić and added that prices cannot grow enormously, and that it is necessary to take measures and intervene in the market to prevent that.
He reminded that there is no progress for Serbia without children.
BONUS VIDEO: MORNING AFTER THE HORRIBLE EXPLOSION IN LESTANI – Crater near the anti-hail missile factory
Follow us through iOS and android apps