It is predicted that the market for artificial intelligence will be one of the fastest growing in the world by 2024 and that it will reach a value of 500 billion dollars.
The development and application of artificial intelligence in real life were the main topics at this year’s Data Science conference in Belgrade, and Piotr Jelenski, CEO of ASEE Group, who was one of the keynote speakers, pointed out that young IT professionals are the future he hopes for. As he said, he expects great changes from them, not only in Serbia, but also in the world.
* When we say artificial intelligence, many immediately think of science fiction movies. What does the application of artificial intelligence bring us in the future and in which areas of business will it be unavoidable?
– When we talk about artificial intelligence, I think that expectations are higher than real possibilities, although the area of development and application of artificial intelligence is large. Our most sought after product is the “rekomender” program, which uses artificial intelligence to process data. Our clients use it to know what and to which consumer to recommend, that is, to individually adjust the offer. Each client is approached individually and there are no instant solutions, because each system works differently – explained Piotr Jelenski. – The future of our task lies in simplifying all processes, from programming languages to saving time needed to make it easier for clients, such as banks, to be available to citizens at all times with the help of new technology and to create personalized services.
* It is known that ASEE now has teams of small start-up companies in its team. Such an example is the company Things Solver from Serbia. Why did you decide to approach that company and offer them a partnership?
– We are primarily looking for innovations in many fields of IT technology. When we talk about AI, many say that they deal with artificial intelligence, but with the company from Serbia, Things Solver, we found exactly what we were looking for – proven solutions and good know-how. The Things Solver team has developed in the application of artificial intelligence in the business of e-commerce, telecommunications and other business systems. I have to say that not only was their technology crucial, but we recognized them in the first place as people with whom we share the same values. They are a good team and we have gained trust in each other. They are the future and will certainly bring great changes in the IT industry, not only in Serbia but also in the world.
* ASEE Group has about 3,000 employees in 23 countries. Why do IT professionals, for whom the demand is the highest, and the salaries for those professional profiles are higher than the average, decide to work in your company?
– It is certain that our experts are among the best and we offer them numerous opportunities – from the latest technology, development projects they can work on, constant training to the exchange of experiences with colleagues from the region. When you are a large international system that has existed for more than 30 years, then it is certainly an advantage that makes young people choose us. Serbia is a very good example, because in ASEE Serbia there is always space for young people who want to work in our company. We are also open to partnerships with start-ups – new, newly established IT companies that are developing and need a mentoring company. In the future, we will have a battle for young, professional people who will be the leaders of the IT industry.
This year’s Data Science Conference in Belgrade brought together international and domestic experts in the fields of data science, machine learning, big data and artificial intelligence (AI) to present the latest solutions for the development and innovative industrial application of these technologies in the world.
Follow us through iOS and android apps