ALEKSANDAR Vučić, the President of Serbia, is visiting Russia, where he met today with the President of that country, Vladimir Putin.
– We discussed many topics and I want to thank President Putin. We talked about all the important issues, and he understood well the importance of the price, the amount of gas and the so-called flexibility. Today or until the end of February, we need about 13 million cubic meters of gas, and those are all difficult issues – Vučić pointed out.
Incredible price of gas
– We achieved something we tried, and Putin showed friendship towards Serbia. In the next six months, we will have a gas price of 270 dollars for 1,000 cubic meters of gas, as well as an increase in the amount of gas and flexibility for which I especially prayed – said Vučić.
According to Vučić, Bajatović jumped for joy, and Putin called everyone in front of the President of Serbia in order to achieve results as soon as possible.
– Putin told me: “Alexander, the solution will be good”, and even after six months it seems to me that we will have an exceptional price and increase in volume, but also flexibility – says Vučić. He adds that in this way, more than 300 million euros are saved, which, he says, is one national stadium, and we also got security for supply.
He points out that Serbia will not have problems with gas.
– This is a salvation for us, we will not have problems with electricity or gas – said Vučić and repeated that Vladimir Putin helped our country a lot.
Energy security was one of the topics and it is estimated that Europe lacks 70 billion cubic meters of gas, but Serbia will not have problems with heating and overall supply.
Vučić revealed that he proposed the price of gas, and that Putin accepted it.
– He was more than fair. Hats off and thank you very much. I have already said that, if I were him, I do not know if I would accept such a proposal. We grabbed each other by the throat out of nervousness, and now everything is different – Vučić pointed out.
The situation in the region
– We talked about the situation in Kosovo and Metohija, the lack of desire among Albanians for a real dialogue, but also relations in the region – says Vucic.
– We carefully and in detail talked about it, but also about our cooperation in the construction of railways, but also Beovoz lines that are of great importance. We talked about radiopharmacy, military-technical cooperation – said the President of Serbia and noted that he asked Putin to speed up the implementation of certain agreements, especially the delivery of the so-called. cornets (launching ramps) to Serbia.
– I said that we do not regret or whine when our neighbors receive weapons as a gift and buy the most modern airplanes. It is their job and we congratulate them, but our job is not to be weak and a jackpot. We have to be very, very strong – said Vučić.
Greater exchange in culture is expected, specifically in museums, and sports were also discussed at today’s meeting.
– When you talk to someone for three hours, there is no topic that you do not touch – says Vučić.
Putin will arrive in Serbia next year
He points out that the conversation was great, considering that it is a difficult day in Russia due to the tragedy in the mine.
– In one such day, he found time for Serbia. Every part of it is on that – said Vučić.
He pointed out that Putin confirmed that he would come to Serbia, and he expects that to happen between May and September next year.
Vučić once again thanked Putin for the excellent price of gas.
– That is a great thing for Serbia, thank you for that. He showed that we are real friends. We can always count on friends, but we must act responsibly and seriously – said Vučić.
Relations between Serbia and Russia have never been better
It should be reminded that Vučić pointed out today that the relations between Serbia and Russia are at the highest level in history, the Russian agency TASS reported.
The President of Serbia also emphasized that the cooperation between the two countries in the military-technical sphere is at the highest level, and that official Belgrade hopes for new agreements.
– Yes, our military-technical cooperation is at the highest level. We are grateful to you for the beautiful gifts we received. I think that we will have new agreements in various spheres – said Vučić.
Putin’s message about the price of gas for Serbia
Moscow and Belgrade will find an acceptable solution to the terms of the new gas supply agreement, Russian President Vladimir Putin said at a meeting with Serbian counterpart Aleksandar Vucic.
– I think we will agree, we will entrust economic entities to complete the appropriate work. We will find such a solution, which will be acceptable for our Serbian partners – Putin said.
The President of Russia added that the visit of the Serbian Prime Minister Ana Brnabić to Russia is expected in December.
BONUS VIDEO – WE ARE READY FOR THE FUTURE: Address by President Vučić at the beginning of the works Novi Sad-Kelebija
Follow us through iOS and android apps