State Secretary at the Ministry of Health Mirsad Đerlek said that the reduction in the number of new patients is a good statistic, but that there are still not enough arguments for relaxation because, he added, we have 5,400 people in kovid hospitals, more than 200 people on respirators, and die between 50 and 60 people.
Djerlek told RTS that in the last month there has been an increase in the given first, second and third doses, and assessed that this has influenced the stabilization of the epidemic situation.
As he said, the first doses were given 3.3 million, the second doses 3.1 million and the third doses around 1,400,000.
He stated that the highest percentage of vaccination of 78 percent was recorded in Presevo, that Priboj was at 67 percent, Nis at 63 percent, and Belgrade at 62 percent.
– These are really high numbers compared to other cities. As for the rear, it is unchanged. Tutin is at 20 percent, Lajkovac at 30 and Mionica at 31 percent – Djerlek pointed out.
Vaccination of young people
He emphasized that he is happy that young people understand the importance of vaccination.
– That was an almost catastrophic result. However, at the moment we have 27.8, almost 28 percent vaccinated. That is not a number with which we could say that it is for a great celebration. What influenced? To tell you the truth, I mean kovid passes and what we said, people want to sit in cafes and restaurants in the evening – believes Djerlek.
However, he added that not all young people understood the seriousness that the corona virus brings with it and that they will work on that by talking to young people.
Djerlek said that he was very worried that the children in the current wave were not protected.
– I am really worried that many lives have been stopped that have practically not even started. It is a huge and irreparable loss. I think that we are all parents and that we should put our finger on the forehead and say whether we have the right to endanger the lives of our children, because it mostly happened that unvaccinated parents infected their children – said Djerlek.
Great interest in digital green certificate
He stated that in the last three days, about 53,000 digital certificates were issued, which are compatible with the regulations of the European Union, and he estimated that this shows that people want to travel and use the benefits of vaccination.
He added that the green certificate harmonized with the EU will be able to be obtained in five days in post offices throughout Serbia, and when it comes to old certificates, he stated that about 2,166,000 have been issued so far.
– Citizens show in that way how responsible they were, and on the other hand, they use the benefit of vaccination and want to stay in the restaurant after 8 pm, because the decision of the Crisis Staff allows them and in some way encourages other people to get vaccinated – Djerlek pointed out.
He stated that he is afraid that some new strain of the virus will come, which will affect children more.
– Every lost life is a tragedy for me, that it will create a bigger tragedy for us than the one we suffer, because we lost a lot of lives – Đrlek pointed out.
He reminded that in the next period, events that are an epidemiological risk are coming – celebrations, two Christmases, New Year, a large influx of our citizens living abroad.
– All this should, in a way, survive, without the situation getting worse – said Djerlek.
When asked whether the solution is the introduction of covid passes for some other areas, Djerlek answered that there will be no introduction of covid passes for other facilities unless the epidemic situation worsens.
He emphasized that at this moment, it is too early to think about some institutions leaving the covid system and that they will wait for risky events to pass.
DOCTOR WHO HAD A CROWN TWICE: Order of the President for the hardest job in the country
Follow us through iOS and android apps