The price of gas that Serbia received from $ 270 per 1,000 cubic meters, and which was agreed yesterday by Serbian and Russian presidents Aleksandar Vucic and Vladimir Putin, is the result of a consistent foreign policy pursued by Serbia, said the editor-in-chief of “Vecernji Novosti” Milorad Vucelic .
Vucelic, as a guest on the morning program of Pink Television, spoke about the importance of President Vucic’s visit to Russia.
– If I sent a message from someone to them, I would say “Every part” to both of them, and I would say “Thank you very much” to Putin, but this is not just a gesture. It is the fruit of a state trust and friendship, built through 19 meetings, but this is the consequence of a consistent foreign policy of Serbia, in which it managed to maintain its sovereignty in decision-making, its war and every other neutrality, the fruit of our insight into the history of relations. . This is the fruit of a consistent foreign policy pursued by Serbia, sanctions against Russia should have been rejected, hundreds of resolutions should not have been voted on … Of course, a stable cooperation in the field of military technology. This is something very grounded and done consistently. As much as it is funds, it is not even a billion, it must be much more, because there is a factor of multiplication of something like that – said Vučelić.
– It is obvious that there is friendship between them… Certainly, Putin is not an uninformed man, he is a cautious man, a cold man who does not scatter heartily with manifestations of intimacy, but here he deviated from that. Obviously with good reasons… Putin sees in Vučić political abilities that are undoubted, but he has, which I appreciate the most, state wisdom in that multi-vector policy, where new forces have appeared in the world. In the new balance of power, he manages what Nikola Pasic once said, to attach our small boat to someone bigger. He managed to pursue a policy of independence, sovereignty. It shows the importance of personal relationships – Vucelic added.
About military-technical cooperation between Serbia and Russia
The editor-in-chief also spoke about the military-technical cooperation between the two countries.
– That will arouse ale. NATO countries are investing much more in weapons. All NATO countries are around us, they have all the weapons of this world. I don’t know why we agree to a comparison – said the editor-in-chief of “Večernji novosti”.
– Serbia is not as divided as some media and politicians show. How are you going to attack someone because of the gas price of 270 dollars – Vucelic added.
“Serbia has changed in the economic and symbolic-political sense”
When asked by journalists, Vucelic commented on “analysts” who asked on social networks “what will we give to the Russians due to concessions and low gas prices.”
– That is impossible to understand logically. What would they give me. It irritates here how important those who speak to us are. Not to mention the Serbs and the English … It is humiliating that they do not change the scenario, they are the scenario that they applied to Serbia in the 90s, they do not change it. They change the performers, the interests remain the same, but they don’t even try to change something, to hire someone to write the episode in a new way. Only, Serbia has changed, not only in the economy, but also in the symbolic-political sense, we have nurtured a culture of remembrance, we have begun to rely on tradition, we have begun to talk about our victims, the Serbian world is mentioned. We did not dare to mention Košare in public, the heroes were treated almost like criminals … It turned out that we have not had a single hero in the past 30 years.
– Serbia, as one solid partner, paid for all the gas. We did not go to seek forgiveness of debts. Secondly, we built a gas pipeline, which is a capital thing in the last few decades – Vucelic concluded.
Follow us through iOS and android apps