Brnabic: Demography is a priority
Ana Brnabić presented the four most important messages of the party.
– Constant political, social, global strengthening of Serbia.
– State Stability
– Full independence in decision making.
– Cooperation and European integration, but also openness and cooperation with partners who want and can bring good to Serbia.
– The goal is Serbia, which is stronger today than it was yesterday, and somewhat weaker than it will be tomorrow – said Brnabić.
When it comes to the economy, she emphasized that the party, everything it has done in recent years, has done together with the citizens of Serbia.
– We have prepared a document on all successes, which we called “Report to the citizens of Serbia”. We are a party that is responsible, that works in the interest of Serbia, that submits a report on what it has done clearly, transparently to the citizens, to those we work for. We will present that document tomorrow – he announced.
Brnabic said that the stories and promises were not empty when it was said that the SNS is most important for the citizens to be richer, to have jobs, perspective, as well as what they will do for them.
– We talked about concrete projects, delivered concrete results – she pointed out.
Support for families with children
She pointed out “that we need children and that demography is an absolute priority.”
– If we do not improve our demographic picture, our results are in vain. Who will use roads, schools, hospitals. We need children and that is an absolute priority.
She said that the law on financial support for families with children will be changed.
– We have more money and we want to work on it even more. We have set aside 700 million euros for the purpose of population policy. From January 1, instead of 100,000 dinars, 300,000 dinars will go. The state will give non-refundable 20,000 euros to couples to leave their parents’ home to live alone. We will try to help students to have children during their studies and so young, not only is it okay but it is commendable and desirable. We practically lose one generation because we get children late, but also the world with us. Thus, we want to improve the population policy of Serbia. We will change the law on financial support with children in order to especially reward mothers of entrepreneurs, in order to support entrepreneurial culture.
– We will come back and do it better, it is okay for us to say when we have not done something well enough and that is political responsibility.
Investments in education, science and culture
Speaking about education and science, she said that once our schools were not connected to the Internet, that we did not have normal toilets in schools.
– We have introduced a science fund in Serbia. We hired the first 1,000 young doctoral students. We pushed it out with political will. We made room for young scientists. By 2030, that is a very important plan to go faster than the others. They laughed, and we introduced digitalization, e-government, but we have to go further. Artificial intelligence and bioeconomy are two important things. We created an institute in Novi Sad for the development of artificial intelligence. We called some of our people from the diaspora to come back and they all came back.
She also spoke about culture and stressed how important this area is for our country.
– This is a segment of society that has been devastated. The “National Museum” was closed for fifteen years, we renovated the “Bora Stanković” theater in Vanja, as well as the theater in Subotica. The new museum of “Nikola Tesla”, which is a huge investment, about 40 million euros, the museum of “History of Serbia” and the museum of “History of Belgrade”.
The Prime Minister said that the plan is to arrange the archeological site of Vinca, which is one of the most important archeological settlements in the world.
Brnabić pointed out that the complete digitalization will be completed by 2023.
– The goal is to continue to go five steps ahead of the others. More and more companies are opening their development centers in Serbia. Our best experts have returned from leading foreign companies.
Serbia is building a national stadium
Brnabic also spoke about investing in sports.
– We have invested a lot in sports, but the idea is to invest even more. We are starting to work on the national stadium by the end of the year, those are great things. We are also building sports facilities throughout Serbia – Brnabić pointed out.
– We must additionally strengthen the youth in the Serbian Progressive Party. The SNS is the only party that invests in young staff. We need to dedicate ourselves to spending much more time in the academy of young leaders.
Mali: We want to quickly raise the living standard of the citizens of Serbia
Siniša Mali presented the economic policy of the Serbian Progressive Party.
– You cannot successfully implement a policy if you do not have anything. When we talk about the economic policy of the SNS and the economic successes of Serbia, we are talking about the dreams of a man, Aleksandar Vučić, who had a dream to make a ruined Serbia an economic leader in the region.
– We want to strengthen the economy, the economy and to quickly raise the living standard of the citizens of Serbia and maintain macroeconomic and financial stability.
Serbia is among the best in Europe
– In 2012, they left us a destroyed state, we did not even have the money to pay pensions, high inflation, hundreds of factories that were closed, in one word – Bankruptcy. But we were not afraid of challenges, we brought urgent measures of fiscal consolidation, stabilized the exchange rate and inflation, started something that was the basis for further growth of our economy – said Mali.
– We will be one of the three best and most successful countries in Europe.
From next year, the minimum salary will be over 300 euros, said Mali and announced that Serbia is growing, despite all the challenges.
– We are focused on creating new jobs. One of the pillars of SNS politics is raising salaries and pensions, they are growing from year to year. We will have an average salary of over 600 euros in December. In 2012, they left us 8.5 billion dinars in the account, we did not even have a monthly pension, and today they are stable and growing from year to year. Next year, an additional 5.5 percent will grow, and in February, the oldest citizens will receive an additional 20,000 dinars.
– All these figures speak about the success of our economic policy, this is a confirmation of the responsible economic policy pursued by the SNS. Today, we have stable, strong public finances – said Mali and pointed out that we have almost three billion euros in the account. About ten years ago, we lagged behind the countries in the region, and today we are competing with the most successful countries in Europe. Serbia has become the dominant economic power in the region, for Serbia there is no more impossible!
We are building nine highways and expressways
Mali also spoke about infrastructure and works that were once unthinkable.
– We have nine highways and expressways that we are building at the moment. In the spring, we will take a high-speed train of 200 km per hour to Novi Sad.
He also spoke about the factories that have been opened, which bring new jobs and higher salaries for the citizens of Serbia.
– We are not missing the fourth industrial revolution, the IT sector is our fastest growing sector, and that is a great chance for young people and entrepreneurs. We may have skipped some previous revolution, but we must not skip the fourth, and that is the economic basis of our program.
– They said that Belgrade on the water is an empty story, and what Vučić promised he fulfilled – said Mali and showed photos that show what this part of the city used to look like.
– We had big dreams and Vučić dreamed big dreams in 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, many did not believe that they would come true, but our dreams became reality. Now we are dreaming even bigger dreams, we want Serbia to be networked with new roads in 2025, fast roads, to have new hospitals and kindergartens completed. That every household has a connection to the sewage system, that Serbia is a country of innovation, that our salaries average 900 euros, and pensions 440 euros. That our young people have the opportunity to realize their dreams in Serbia.