THE PRESIDENT of Serbia, Aleksandar Vučić, is staying in Sochi, where he has just met with the President of the Russian Federation, Vladimir Putin.
14.05 Vučić: Relations between Serbia and Russia are at the highest historical level
Relations between Serbia and Russia are at the highest level in history, Serbian President Aleksandar Vucic said today during a meeting with Russian President Vladimir Putin in Sochi.
– I believe that the relations between Serbia and Russia are at the highest level in history – said Vučić, as reported by the Russian agency TASS.
14.04 Putin expects Brnabic in Moscow
Russia expects Serbian Prime Minister Ana Brnabic to visit Moscow in December, Russian President Vladimir Putin said today during a meeting with Serbian counterpart Aleksandar Vucic in Sochi.
14.03 Putin: Russia’s position on Kosmet is unchanged
– As for our efforts and joint steps on the international scene, even in resolving the Kosovo issue, you know that our position is principled. It is not subject to the current political situation – Putin said during talks with Serbian President Aleksandar Vučić in Sochi.
14.00 Video of the meeting between Vučić and Putin
13.40 Putin’s message about the price of gas
Moscow and Belgrade will find an acceptable solution to the terms of the new gas supply agreement, Russian President Vladimir Putin said at a meeting with Serbian counterpart Aleksandar Vucic.
– I think we will agree, we will entrust economic entities to complete the appropriate work. We will find such a solution, which will be acceptable for our Serbian partners – Putin said at the beginning of the meeting with the Serbian president at the Bocharov Ručej residence in Sochi.
Putin added that Serbian Prime Minister Ana Brnabic is expected to visit Russia in December.
The President of Serbia pointed out that the relations between Serbia and Russia are at the highest level in the entire history of relations.
13.35 Vučić satisfied after the meeting
As “Novosti” finds out in the delegation in Sochi, the meeting between the President of Serbia, Aleksandar Vučić, and the President of Russia, Vladimir Putin, lasted longer than planned, and they have just moved on to the planned lunch.
Vučić said in front of the members of the delegation that he was very happy about the course of the talks, which probably means that he received good conditions for the gas arrangement.
– Every meeting with the President of the Russian Federation, Vladimir Putin, is of exceptional importance for our country. Tet-a-tet meeting of the President of the Republic of Serbia, Aleksandar Vučić, with the President of the Russian Federation, Vladimir Putin, in Sochi – it is written on the Instagram account of President Vučić.
After the meeting of the two leaders, lunch is planned.
President Vučić prepared a special gift for President Putin – a silver plate and books, “Novosti” has learned.
Let us remind you, the Serbian delegation headed by President Vučić is staying in Sochi.
President Vučić has repeatedly emphasized that this is an extremely important meeting for Serbia, emphasizing the future long-term agreement with Russia on gas supply as the most important topic of conversation, not hiding that he will beg Putin for the best price for that energy, because further economic development depends on it. Of Serbia.
– That is a question for our entire country, because the arrival of investors depends on it, whether we will have electricity and reserves – said Vučić before leaving for Russia.
The meeting in Sochi, the 19th official meeting of the two presidents, comes at a time of numerous challenges facing Serbia – increased pressure from the West “wrapped” in criticism of the rule of law, the media, the state of the environment, and the international community’s silence on Pristina’s moves. but also complicating the situation in the region.
Follow us through iOS and android apps