NOVI Sad is in charge of loans from earlier periods, for the amounts that the city withdrew until 2012, when the then city authorities borrowed on various bases.
This is a factography and a statement. At the time when I was elected mayor in September 2012, the city of Novi Sad owed 29 million euros on the basis of a loan. There are municipal bonds and these are loans for which the city was a sponsor. Today, more precisely on 23.11. when the cut was made, the City of Novi Sad was indebted 17 million euros, so we reduced the debt by 12 million euros in 9 years, which is not a small amount, but we had to comply with all contractual obligations, and pay at very high interest rates. , said Miloš Vučević, the mayor of Novi Sad in the show “Grad i mi” on RTV1.
– All in all, when we talk about the progress of a city, the precondition is political stability, although it seems quite conservative, but without political stability you cannot make the right decisions and you cannot bear full responsibility towards the citizens. In the period from 2016 onwards, we gained stability and we were able to gather around politics, not around mathematics. We also had the support of the state, which was reflected not only in terms of large infrastructure projects, but also in bringing investments to Novi Sad – we brought 7, 8 factories, dramatically improved the blood picture of the Novi Sad economy, but it is much easier when you have good cooperation with the Provincial Government. because you can collect another one for one of your dinars and solve more problems – Vučević pointed out.
He reminded that the City has so far paid 12,586,000 euros only for interest on municipal bonds.
– We will not indebt the City for unrealistic projects and projects that are not prepared for realization. To be more precise, it is not a problem that the City wanted to withdraw money for large infrastructure projects in 2011, to solve the sewerage and the Boulevard of Europe, the problem was the interest rate and the bad economic picture in the country and the city, and the fact that no projects were prepared. , ie. The city took on debt, and it could not solve it because the urban, planning, property and legal issues were not resolved, and the “taximeter” is working all the time. Today we get below two percent interest rate for the loan. We received an interest rate of 1.1 percent for electric buses, which we buy together with the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, and I think we will sign the contract on December 7. It’s cheaper than using your money. As we will get excellent credit lines for the construction of large sports centers and for the construction of bridges (pedestrian-bicycle) – he added.
The mayor pointed out that bad loans are inherited, but that they are financed very stably because the budget is much stronger.
– Specifically, the budget of the City of Novi Sad for 2012 amounted to 16,093,000,000 dinars, the budget of the City for 2021 is 34,460,000,000 dinars. This is something that no one can dispute. That is the victory of Novi Sad, the victory of all the citizens of Novi Sad. From this, we finance large projects and asphalt the streets, build new bridges, subsidize children in private kindergartens, and almost 700 million dinars are completely free, which is the allocation of the city for 17,000 children in state kindergartens. It is the result of this policy, stability, responsibility and economic parameters that show that the City is moving well – said Vučević.
When it comes to Spence, Vučević referred to the difficult situation he is in after two years of the crown, after a 50 percent discount for renting a bar, which is their main source of income, when there are no concerts and when sporting events are held without an audience. that is why the City exists and has power.
– The mayor cannot be a manager, he cannot see only plus and minus, he must look at social interest, general interest, otherwise they would say why they would allocate money for social benefits – that is why there is solidarity and social care – he added.
When it comes to the new park in Novi Naselje, Vučević mentioned that the park spreads over 4 hectares, as well as that it is rich in mini lakes, fountains and the most modern sanitary facilities.
– The park is located on the border of Novi Naselje and Nova Detelinara, it is a part of the city with a large concentration of inhabitants and it will continue to grow because there is the Boulevard of Europe. This peaceful and green oasis was a great necessity for this part of the city. But we are not stopping there, across the street from Raša Radujkova Street, we anticipate that we will work on Central Park on 13 hectares around the marshalling yard. We keep the marshalling yard as a cultural-historical object, and we make a fantastic park area around it, create a cultural-sports-recreational district and connect it with a pedestrian walkway to this park in Novi Naselje, in order to humanize and enrich that part of the city. We have completely reconstructed Kamenica Park, we have invested almost two million euros in that park with the Province, and I hope that Gradsko zelenilo will complete the tender by the end of the year, that is. work for the reconstruction of the Danube Park. The city provided the money to completely reconstruct that park. We have planted 30 percent more trees in Limanski Park, while 36 percent of the city’s area is green – the mayor pointed out.
Vučević said that one fifth of IT companies in the whole of Serbia are in Novi Sad, but also that Novi Sad is not one fifth of Serbia.
– We had 6,912,000,000 dinars from the payroll tax in 2012, and 9,401,000,000 in 2021. And the property tax in 2012 was 1,103,000,000 dinars, and now 4,650,000,000. This is because the value of property in Novi Sad is growing and because we have visited everything that needs to be recorded. What I wanted to say, we have had 4,340,000,000 dinars for capital development since 2012, and this year we have 11,468,000,000, ie. we give three times more money for the development of the city, but that is why we are building three new kindergartens. We are currently building a kindergarten in Sajlovo and Veternik and these days we are contracting a new kindergarten in Adice. When it comes to the most beautiful kindergarten on Klisa in Orahova Street, Krcko Orascic, I have to say that we have invested almost 15 million euros in it – he added.
The mayor confirmed that the Central Railway Station will be on the Main Platform, but will be renovated.
– When it comes to the project of building a railway from Belgrade to Subotica, the City of Novi Sad is logistical support, we solve expropriations together with the state, urban monitoring and infrastructure… What is important for Novi Sad when it will change dramatically for the better is when we get fast railway, when the Frushkogorski corridor is completed and when we, together with the state, solve the fourth bridge – he concluded.
Vučević pointed out that he did not plan to run for the fourth time, but that he is now starting to think seriously.
– When I see who is giving me a lecture, I can’t help but marvel, most people tell me don’t worry about it. It’s like the worst student in your class gets up and tells me we need to study better, and to say we don’t get good grades. Well you should improve your grades, you are a bad student. And decent and good students are silent, because it is not Novi Sad noise. I have to fight for Novi Sad and the truth, that is my right and obligation. I do not give them importance, I give importance to the truth. I am obliged to account to the citizens of Novi Sad for what I do, because I am here on behalf of the City – said the mayor.
Follow us through iOS and android apps