IVICA Dačić was a guest on the Juatrnji program of TV Prva, where he spoke about the late honorary president of the SPS, Milutin Mrkonjić.
– It was extremely difficult for us. It didn’t go well with Mrka for you to sympathize with his health. He was angry when someone mentioned, he said … last time he got angry at one of our friends who came to the hospital to visit him. He was such a man. Indeed, everyone expected him to win this difficult battle, but in the last days, unfortunately, he was ill and the doctors fought for his life for several days with superhuman efforts. I was supposed to be in Madrid yesterday, but I intuitively returned it yesterday, even before this news, and last night around 20.39, Bojić called me to tell me that Mrka had left us – said Dačić.
– There are moments in life when a person simply starts thinking about the topic of the eternal question, and unfortunately everyone who has lost someone close comes to that topic, and that is whether you have ever found the time, opportunities, ways to tell those you love. . But that is not in our mentality. It is always a pity that you talk about all these things and that someone can’t hear you – says the SPS leader.
Referring to the greetings sent by colleagues from the political world to Mrkonjic, Dacic said:
– In the messages and announcements, everyone agrees that he was a great gentleman, that he was hardworking and that he was synonymous with a moment in the history of our country that was very difficult, and that was the reconstruction after the bombing, when it was a matter of time. roads, bridges, everything that was endangered during the bombing must be rebuilt. I wrote on my Instagram, because I didn’t know how to address myself, otherwise I rarely use social networks, but I had to say that the biggest one among us left. The man who was a legend and the SPS, and I mean the whole of Serbia, was our honorary president, but not only in function but also in authority, he was a political support to all of us and a political father.
Dacic said that Milutin Mrkoljic will be buried in the Alley of Deserving Citizens, and that the commemoration and funeral will most likely be held on Wednesday.
– I want to invite all Socialists to give him great recognition and respect. The Book of Mourning will be opened tomorrow at 11 a.m. at the SPS headquarters. Today, I will send a letter to the City of Belgrade with a proposal that he be buried in the Alley of Deserving Citizens, I really think that he deserved it. We will organize a state commemoration in the building of the Assembly of Serbia, on the same day, most likely on Wednesday, there will be a funeral – said Dacic.
When asked when he met him, Dacic answered briefly:
– I don’t remember when I met him, since I know about myself, I know about him. I started engaging in political circles in 1989 and have known him ever since. I was young then, we were all children. Unfortunately, Mrkonjić did not have children, we were all his children, he told everyone son and daughter. I’m sure we won’t forget it, because it’s impossible. He was our link to the past. He recently talked about infrastructure projects, about the subway, those were his topics.
– Not to mention sports … We got to know each other better when he helped basketball players. This is one big loss. The deepest condolences to all his closest ones – Dacic pointed out.
What many did not know is that Mrkonjić also had a sports career, he played basketball. He was also the captain of the team that included the legendary Dušan Ivković, who also recently passed away.
Dacic also stated that Mrkonjic remained faithful to socialist principles from the beginning to the end of his career and life.
– President Vučić also expressed his condolences and readiness on behalf of the state to repay the state in a dignified manner. I would like you to remember him, in spirit, perseverance, loyalty, fidelity to his ideas, ideals and friends. I want to thank him for everything he did, let him rest in peace, and it is up to us to remember him – Dacic finished.
Follow us through iOS and android apps