In the MORNING program of TV Prva, Dr. Predrag Kon and Dr. Milanko Šekler were guests who spoke about the new strain of the corona virus.
Dr. Sheckler reacted to the findings that the new corona strain is omicron “Frankenstein”, “super-mutant” and has numerous mutations, which leads to it being very easily transmitted.
– Doctor, tell us what kind of super-mutant it is, is it true that there are more than 50 very dangerous mutations, 32 on spike protein alone? – asked the host Marija Savić Stamenić.
– How great does it sound when it is said like that … – said Shekler, to which the presenter added:
– It doesn’t sound great, it sounds awful.
– What you say sounds awful, but it’s not a fact. That Feankeinstein, a super-mutant, is extremely unprofessional for me. If the WHO, which deals with the classification of the corona virus, says that there is not enough data, that there are many mutations, but that we cannot know how they will affect the behavior of the virus. Why doesn’t anyone convey that ?! The WHO warns that it will take weeks to see the properties of this virus. The virus was discovered in the Republic of South Africa in early November, the National Body for Transmissible Diseases of the Republic of South Africa said that there was no information on increased mortality, no information that clinical pictures had changed, and that there were many asymptomatic cases. What did someone not convey?
– But these are also scientists, I quoted you at the beginning – said the presenter.
“They’re not scientists,” Sheckler exclaimed.
– Yes, I quoted the man at the beginning. She works at the Harvard School of Public Health in Boston – said Marija Savić Stamenić.
– Maria, don’t argue with me. It was easiest for me to confirm what you said! So what if there are 32 mutations, that’s my question! So what?! It was alpha, beta … Wait, you, don’t interrupt me! Do you want to let me say it? It was alpha, it was beta, gamma, delta, its variant, basil strain … You want me to remind you how many letters have passed in this 21 month and every time a new letter appears, the same thing – the drama starts! There is really no need for a team, wait for the tests to be done. At this moment, there is no Nobel laureate, genius, super smart man who can say whether this virus has changed its characteristics. You can’t say “Frankenstein, super-mutant, we’re all going to die” every day. You are only transmitting what is super disturbing – said Shekler.
Follow us through iOS and android apps