BEHIND the road blockade for the weekend throughout the cities of Serbia are officially environmental associations, and unofficially part of the opposition gathered around the Party of Freedom and Justice of Dragan Djilas.
In Serbia, everyone has the right to protest, but not to the detriment of other citizens.
This is how the authorities interpreted the blockade of “Gazelle” in Belgrade and roads throughout Serbia yesterday, as a kind of protest due to the possible excavation of lithium in Jadro, the adoption of the law on referendum and expropriation.
President Vučić said that “by violating freedom of movement, the Constitution is also violated”:
– They endanger more freedoms of other people, even when the police asked them not to do that.
They did not even announce protests. That is certainly a small number of people. They brag when the biggest demonstrations are, and that is 3,000 people. The gazelle was blocked on one side by 70 people and on the other by 50 people. And two million citizens live in Belgrade – Vučić pointed out, and added that the reaction of the police was such that everything passed peacefully.
When asked by a Slovenian journalist about the protests, after a meeting with his colleague Borut
Pahorom, Vučić said that there are no water cannons in Serbia in response to the police when someone protests in the street, but that “there may be a little excess of democracy, because it is possible for someone to block roads, which is contrary to the Constitution.”
– They think they have that right, which of course they don’t have with you. But, I guess we will reach that democratic level as you do now, so that one day someone understands that it is not normal to do that here in Serbia.
Interior Minister Aleksandar Vulin said that Serbia is a democratic country in which everyone has the right to protest, but that preventing other citizens from moving freely is survival and an attempt to provoke conflicts and riots, not politics.
– The main reason for the gathering was to stop the arrival of SNS supporters in Belgrade.
Of course, it didn’t work out. I look in the media, those who have been breaking the law all day are now talking about breaking the law. No rally was approved, acting in absolute accordance with the law. Police were attacked in several places. I hope that everyone involved in politics will understand that there can be no sign of equality between politics and breaking the law.
According to Belgrade Deputy Mayor Goran Vesic, “everyone in Serbia has the right to express their opinion in a way they deem correct, including through protest”:
– However, no one has the right to endanger other people, interfere with their way of life and restrict their movement. Several hundred people, who are a minority in our society, tried to block the roads and thus tortured tens of thousands of people, endangering their right to free movement. Not to mention the public transport that was delayed due to their blockade – Vesić pointed out.
He asked if they thought about how many children were in the convoy of vehicles while they blocked the highway:
– I will always stand behind the men and women of Belgrade and no one will be allowed to make fun of them.
Think about what would happen in Germany if someone thought of blocking the highway.
PATRIARCH OF PORPHYRIA ANNOUNCES APPEAL TO THE CITIZENS OF OUR COUNTRY ON “INSTAGRAM”
LET’S KEEP EACH OTHER, NOT LET’S FIGHT AND ARGUE
PATRIARCH Porfirie said yesterday that he followed with sadness the physical conflicts that broke out during the roadblocks in Serbia and appealed to everyone to protect each other, and not to fight.
– I watched with sadness how physical conflicts broke out between us, members of the same people, but also citizens of Serbia, regardless of which nation they belong to. At the very entrance to the Christmas fast, we fight each other with fists, sticks, stone buses, smash each other’s heads, destroy property – the patriarch stated in a message and a video he posted on “Instagram”.
He did not want to analyze what is the reason and what is the real cause of the conflict, or who is guilty and who is innocent.
– Those who create conflicts and manage crises and conflicts in the world, but also those who polarize, share and politicize every topic in order to create divisions out of selfish, partial interests, know all that well. I can only pray for everything, to appeal, to protect each other, not to fight. Everyone needs everyone. We can’t do without each other. Everyone should respect everyone, God calls us to that – the patriarch said.
He pointed out that he prays to God “that in the days of Christmas fasting we direct our thoughts, wishes and prayers to Christ God, the only peacemaker, towards the common good, understanding, love and respect for our neighbor, regardless of the fact that things are ideological in nature.” , sociological, political and any other views different “.
The mayor of Novi Sad, Miloš Vučević, said that environmental activists were members of extreme leftist organizations:
– The same group of people that keeps repeating labels everyone else. And, God forbid that something happens to them, then the same narrative starts immediately – here is repression, the police. Immediately bloody shirts, and they push children, the disabled, pregnant women into the front lines, and with all that, great heroes hold phones and record, hoping that someone will tell them something, so they will immediately say here, do you see what they are telling us. Well, people curse you the worst, because you have prevented people from moving, because they cannot live normally.
The President of United Serbia, Dragan Markovic Palma, said yesterday that “the part of the opposition in Serbia that is constantly seeking freedom of movement is responsible for endangering the freedom of movement of Serbian citizens, which could be seen during the blockade of certain roads and highways.”
Traffic in the center was stopped in BELGRADE yesterday as well. A group of citizens “Eco Guard” organized a protest in Terazije due to air pollution in the cities of Serbia, which, as they claim, has the dimensions of a humanitarian catastrophe.
Aleksandra Kirilić, from the organization “Eco Guard”, pointed out that Belgrade is the most polluted city in Europe, and 15 cities in Serbia are among the most polluted on the Old Continent.
NA SPISKU ROKFELERA
ORGANIZATION “Kreni.Promeni”, which is one of the organizers of the road blockade, receives money from the “Rockefeller” foundation. The fund’s website announced that it had received a grant of $ 25,000 for 12 months.
Follow us through iOS and android apps