The agony of almost 15 hours was experienced by 40 passengers who left Belgrade for Paris with the private carrier “Fudex”.
Chaos arose because one of the drivers forgot his driver’s license, which is why people froze hungry at the border …
– On that day, we left for Paris at 11.30 am from the Belgrade bus station for international traffic. There are 40 people on the bus, the atmosphere is beautiful and positive. At the border crowds, we wait a long time. We fulfilled the condition and left the country. The next is the Hungarian border, and that’s where it all begins – Marina M’s story begins.
– We stay in front of our bus for five hours without anyone telling us anything. Two bus drivers were arguing with the police, one was behind the wheel. They left the house, exchanged money, paid the fine, and clutched their heads anxiously. He still – not a word – describes the events of Marina.
After a long wait, they finally received information that one of the drivers forgot his license.
– We hoped for a solution to the problem, a new driver, a bus, but no! We are blocked outside, we can’t take anything to eat on the bus, we are hungry and thirsty, and we are freezing all the time. We can’t even go to the toilet! They are told that they do not have a permit to cross the border and continue their journey. – They also told us that the bus is not working and that is why they do not allow us to pass and try on Kelebija. We didn’t go there either because the bus, they say, is faulty. We found out at 8 p.m. We went back disappointed, and there were people from Macedonia and the south of Serbia, who didn’t even know where they would spend the night. The drivers were silent all the time!
At 170 kilometers from Belgrade, the bus stopped.
– The faulty bus really broke down. We went out again so that they could read something. We arrived in Belgrade at three o’clock after midnight! So, from 11.30 to 3 in the morning, innocent people were tortured.
“Fudeks” says that they will repay the attacked passengers due to the inconvenience and will approve free tickets to the passengers, which they can use for the next trip.
– It is true that due to the driver’s mistake, it was impossible for the bus to continue on its way. Another bus was sent from Belgrade, in which the passengers were transferred, and the bus arrived in Paris without any problems. Disciplinary proceedings have been initiated against the driver and he will be sanctioned.
BONUS VIDEO – Confession of a driver who found a two-year-old child on a bus on line 35L in Lešće
Follow us through iOS and android apps