The transfer of Matijas Lesor to Partizan resounded.
The French center spoke for the first time since the presentation at the new club.
– Zeljko is one of the biggest reasons why I signed for Partizan. He wanted me on the team. I know it will be good for my career. Obradović has developed a large number of players, he has a huge experience, so that will mean something to me.
Lesor is a former Maccabi basketball player with whom he played in the Euroleague.
– Željko was satisfied with what I did at Maccabi. I am not afraid to play for him in the team, everything will depend on me. If I do something stupid, they will shout at me and that is part of everything. That is why he won the Euroleague nine times. Obviously his technique gives results. I would say that he looks like Zvezdan Mitrović and I believe that I will be able to have an open conversation with him. We see him closed on the field, we have the impression that he is very tough with his players, but I think he is very good on a human level, very open, with whom he can easily talk. He and Zvezdan are two completely different people, but I believe that there is a similarity between them, in that he is very demanding towards the players and strict on the field, but someone with whom he can easily communicate off the field – said the Frenchman.
– I’m happy. I’m going to play basketball again, I miss that. Partizan wanted me this summer, I had an offer for a long time, but I was waiting for offers from the Euroleague. In the end, I ended up in Partizan, which is a logical move and the best for my career.
The Frenchman watched his new club in action in the match against the Metropolitan.
– I did not talk to Obradović personally, but I did talk to some members of the professional staff. I talked to my agent and I knew what Zeljko thought of me. I saw his team and the role I could have in it. I think I can give them a lot. Partizan has an extremely good team. I saw against the Metropolitan how they played, how they defended. They changed the defense three times in the game and I saw that. On the field, they show why they are among the favorites for the trophy.
The former Red Star player emphasizes that the black and whites were already strong in the racket.
– They don’t have a player of my style and I think I can contribute to them. The goal of the club is to return to the Euroleague, and that is my goal. I don’t know if any player won the Eurocup with two different teams for two years in a row. That would be something big for Partizan and for me, but there is a long way to go. We are going step by step, first to see how my getting used to the new team will go – Lesor pointed out.
Follow us through iOS and android apps