At the 43rd International Tourism Fair, which will be held at the Belgrade Fair from March 24 to 27 under the slogan “Between Mountains and Sea”, more than 40 domestic and foreign tour operators, a large number of travel agencies, The Beowine International Wine Fair will also be held in March, it was said at a press conference at the Belgrade Fair.
Greece, Turkey, Egypt, Montenegro, Tunisia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Northern Macedonia, Romania, Hungary, Slovakia, the Maldives will present themselves at the fair, and exhibitors from Albania, Croatia and Slovenia will perform individually.
For the first time, two new destinations will be exclusively presented to the visitors, and it is about Malaysia and the Democratic Republic of Sao Tome and Principe.
Assistant Minister of Trade, Tourism and Telecommunications Jelena Milenković Orlić assessed that this is a good opportunity for the ministry to develop cooperation with other countries and announced that seven tourism ministers from the region and the world will come to the tourism fair.
– It will be an opportunity to initiate new cooperation, discuss the application of the old ones and sign new agreements on cooperation with the countries that will be present at the fair – she said.
She pointed out that the fair is important because it is one of the first manifestations of this type to be organized in this part of the world after the beginning of the pandemic.
She pointed out that tourism has already suffered a lot due to the pandemic, now it is under attack again due to the crisis in Ukraine, but as she said it is the first to recover after the crisis and should therefore be used as a generator of recovery and other segments of society.
– Tourism is recovering after the pandemic, it is expected to be at the level of 2019 in 2022 and in Serbia the recovery is faster than in some other countries, so we ended 2021 as very successful. This is also shown by the data according to which there were more than two and a half million arrivals in Serbia and more than 10 million overnight stays – said Jelena Milenković Orlić.
The Provincial Secretary for Economy and Tourism of Vojvodina, Nenad Ivanišević, announced two important contents that will present Vojvodina. One is religious tourism and is organized for the first time, and the other is the Tour de Fruška, which includes a tour of Fruška Gora by bicycle and the plan is to make it traditional.
– We will present everything that makes up the religious tourism of Vojvodina, starting from Sremski Karlovci to Fruška Gora, but also all other religious buildings and all religions that are present in Vojvodina – he said.
He added that based on the special agreement that the Provincial Government signed with Angola, this country will be a guest at the Vojvodina part of the fair.
According to the words of the director of the Tourist Organization of Serbia (TOS), Marija Labović, this organization will perform at the tourism fair under the slogan “Serbia. Experience”, which represents the new brand of Serbia as a tourist destination.
– TOS will perform in Hall 4, which will be full because more square meters were requested and the interest in participating was great. There will be more than 70 local tourist organizations in the hall – Labović pointed out.
She stated that TOS will also have an educational part, which will be realized through a quiz whose primary role will be education, but there will also be a prize for visitors.
As announced by the director of the Belgrade Tourist Organization Miodrag Popovic, the City of Belgrade will organize a presentation of Belgrade municipalities, and those who come to the fair will have the opportunity to premiere a series of new, short tourist films about the capital’s most important tourist attractions.
– We will present Stories from the life of one city, ie five one-minute films that we made and which will be shown for the first time at the Tourism Fair – said Popović.
The program of organized bringing of customers will be continued this year as well, which will be realized in cooperation with the business partners of the Tourism Fair, the Serbian Chamber of Commerce and the European Entrepreneurship Network.
Business meetings are planned to be held in a special space of B2B meetings in Hall 1.
It is expected that there will be as many of them as in 2020, when more than 300 meetings were held during the first two business days.
BONUS VIDEO: FROM BELGRADE TO NOVI SAD IN 35 MINUTES: “Novosti” in the most modern composition in the region
Follow us through iOS and android apps