THE DEATH of Muamer Zukorlic, a longtime religious and one of the Bosniak political leaders in Serbia, put his son, who succeeded him at the helm of the Justice and Reconciliation Party, with a difficult task to make up for his absence parties that bring together Sandzak Bosniaks.
Young Zukorlic is the holder of the parliamentary list with the symbolic name “Mufti’s bequest – Party of Justice and Reconciliation”, which will be number eight on the ballot.
What are the main goals of the Justice and Reconciliation Party?
– The main goals of our party are woven in its name. We want justice for every person and reconciliation among people. We want that, first of all, in the region of Sandzak, then in Serbia and the entire Western Balkans.
Why should Bosniaks trust you?
– Bosniaks should show their trust in us because we are the only alternative in Sandzak.
Because we are a party of projects and positive results. However, we are not only a party of Bosniaks, although it is our base, but of all national communities that consider us leaders in resolving their issues in this country. We are also a party of members of the Serbian nationality who support the concept of “ii”, the concept of justice and reconciliation, as it was founded by the late academician Mufti Zukorlic.
What election result do you expect? What would be the success for you, and what would be the failure in the elections?
– We expect that the policy of the late mufti will continue to progress with an even stronger step.
That would be a success for us. Failure for us would be to weaken this policy.
You pointed out that you expect the continuation of cooperation with the SNS based on the agreement you reached. What have you done together so far, and what do you expect from further cooperation?
– We want to preserve partnership relations with the SNS, as the headquarters of the Government of Serbia, so that through these mechanisms we can continue to act positively for our people and our voters. The beginning of the construction of the highway through Sandzak, the construction of the gas pipeline towards Sandzak from two directions, investments in the municipality of Sjenica, where we have the central government. Return of certain waqf property to the Islamic Community and accreditation of the International University. We expect concrete steps in the future on the realization of other large infrastructure projects and the continuation of the elimination of injustices that the previous regimes have done to our people.
You said that this campaign is an opportunity to bring your father’s idea of ”ethics in politics” to life on the political stage. How satisfied are you with the atmosphere in the current campaign?
– We relaxed relations in the campaign by abolishing the policy of appeasement on our part and replacing it with the policy of positive energy and results. We do not fall for provocations. We turned good. We are satisfied with the campaign in Sandzak and other places where the SPP has voters.
How do you assess relations with other Bosniak leaders, Rasim Ljajic and Sulejman Ugljanin? Is some kind of cooperation possible, at the local or national level?
– Relations with them are standard. We are working to raise the awareness of Bosniak politicians in Sandzak that they should rise above personal interests and to have at least a minimum of consensus on some of the most important issues for Bosniaks. The kind of cooperation is possible with that minimal consensus. It would mean respecting shrines, such as the Islamic Community with a spiritual center in Sarajevo, as well as renouncing criminals from one’s own ranks.
Do you think that you will reach the trust of Bosniaks that your father had and that you will fulfill his will?
– I believe that not only will we reach the level at which the late Mufti was, but that we will continue to make political incursions among Bosniaks and others.
Follow us through iOS and android apps