MINISTER OF INTERIOR AFFAIRS Aleksandar Vulin spoke about last night’s events in Kosovo and Metohija in the morning program of Prva television.
– We fought for a time in which we must try to find a solution that will not bring the Serbs to the streets. I don’t expect anything from Shiptar in the next month, if they were wondering about something, they would have already tried to finish it. This month must be used for an agreement and now diplomacy must work. Serbia shares the fate of the Serbian people in the area of Kosovo and Metohija, because when you have a president like Vučić, you don’t leave a single part of the Serbian people, regardless of where they lived, and especially where it is most difficult for them – said Vulin.
He told Serbs from Kosovo and Metohija that they should not trust Pristina and that they should trust their Serbia and President Aleksandar Vučić, the president of all Serbs.
– He never lied to you, in the most difficult moments he was there, and after the Brussels Agreement when it was necessary to explain, when it was most difficult, he was there. And whenever and wherever it was difficult and no one was allowed to come, those who were supposed to be at Kosovo and Metohija were not, and President Vučić was. It’s the same now, it was the same last night. They know very well that they could hear him that night, that he talked to all their leaders, that he was in the loop and that he shares their destiny – Minister Vulin said.
He pointed out that he does not expect anything from Pristina, but that he expects the EU, which has signed the Brussels Agreement, to form the ZSO once.
– You signed that and if you hadn’t offered it to us, we would never have signed any Brussels agreement. I expect the USA, which has shown that it has a huge influence on Kosovo, to continue using it for good, I am grateful to them and to continue using their influence to reason with Kurti so that we can reach a solution. Essentially, this is not a question of Pristina and Belgrade, this is a question of Belgrade and the EU and the countries that have an influence on Kosovo and Metohija. I hope that we will spend this month in talks that will lead to peace in the area of Kosovo and Metohija – said Minister Vulin.
– Kurti is a politician of very small reach, he is eternally afraid and he is a man who does something thinking that he will please his electorate, so that someone will vote for him. He thinks that hatred of Serbs is something that will keep him in power, and that is why his every move is unpredictable, that is, you cannot explain it rationally. What is the problem, in all the Brussels documents it is clearly stated that we have to agree on these topics, these topics are not agreed, they are only half agreed. Borko Stefanović signed an agreement on personal documents, but that agreement does not apply to Serbs living in Kosovo and Metohija. Let them implement it literally, there is no interpretation, it is very clearly stated to whom it applies and to whom it does not apply. The same applies to the plates, the agreement for the plates has not been signed yet, so you still have to negotiate and take care of what is the essence of the Brussels dialogue – status neutrality, so the RKS cannot, the RKS means the Republic of Kosovo, it means the state, and they are not a state, they are a territory under the temporary administration of the UN in accordance with Resolution 1244 – said Minister Vulin.
– You can’t expect anything rational from that coward and that little politician, nothing good for either the Serbs or the Šiptars. I am not sure that the Šiptars in South Mitrovica have an overwhelming need to perish on some bridge. As you can see, they didn’t even gather, they don’t have any desire to participate in it. No one has heads and children to throw away. Serbia insists on peace – said the Serbian Minister of Police and emphasized that President Vučić, especially for those who know him, was calm, calm and quiet yesterday, and that when he is like that, he is, conditionally speaking, the most determined, the most dangerous. – I think that the world also understood that Serbia is not backing down, that Serbia will do almost anything for peace, but will do absolutely everything for the freedom and security of the Serbs in Kosovo and Metohija.
When asked if Kurti got the green light for his actions during his visit to the USA, the minister said that he got the green light somewhere, or he thinks he did.
– He wouldn’t do it himself. Throughout history, the Shiptars were always auxiliary troops, they never fought battles, they never occupied a single village in their history, they helped either the Ottoman Empire, or the Austro-Hungarian Empire, then the Third Reich, then NATO, but they never did anything independently. Do not think that Kurti is more independent than anyone else, he is not more independent than Thaci or Haradinaj, he is exactly what he is. Obviously, he got the green light, and then he got the red light – said Minister Vulin.
– I am grateful for the intervention of every power, every country that brings or at least contributes to stabilization in the area of Kosovo and Metohija. Serbs live down there and I have the strongest interest that they live well, that they live in peace and of course that the whole of Serbia and the region be in peace, but people like Kurti do not understand peace, they do not manage in peace, he loses elections in peace. He must have some kind of conflict and he is constantly looking for it – said Minister Vulin.
He added that last night everyone was in their headquarters, that President Vučić was seeing the director of the BIA, with him in front of the MUP and General Mojsilović throughout the night. “Everyone who could contribute, everyone did their job. President Vučić continuously coordinated us, maintained a connection with each of us and with the Serbs in Kosovo and Metohija, but also exerted strong diplomatic pressure on all factors that could contribute.”
– It happened that Šiptar postponed the implementation of these measures, we fought for a time in which we have to try to find a solution that will not bring the Serbs to the streets. In the next month, I don’t expect anything from Šiptar, if they were wondering about something, they would have already tried to finish it, of course they wouldn’t have succeeded because you saw the determination of the Serbs from the north of Kosovo and Metohija who didn’t back down even in front of armored vehicles, and they were preparing for them and water cannons and vehicles for breaking barricades, they also prepared special forces armed to the teeth, and they did everything bare-handed, but the Serbs did not want to move and would not move. I am grateful to them for taking care of their Serbia – said Minister Vulin.
When asked if he expects an adequate reaction from the international community, Minister Vulin said that their adequate reaction has already occurred.
– To be fair, they are what the Shiptars call a state and they created it, and it is not easy for the representatives of the NATO countries who bombed us because of the poor Shiptars whom we allegedly expelled and killed, and there were fewer of them in Kosovo before than now, how can they now they explain to themselves and their electorate that what they did with the bombing of Serbia is the most ordinary crime, and that investing in Pristina is not investing in the state but in the territory controlled by drug lords. So, they will always side with Pristina, but there are things in which you simply cannot, the strength, not of the arguments but of the situation that can escalate, is such that you stop and then you say to your protégé, in this case Aljbin Kurti – stop and try to come to an agreement – said Minister Vulin.
BONUS VIDEO – MILE VULETIĆ IN TEARS AT JARINJ: This made us stronger, the Serbs are on their way
Follow us through the iOS and Android apps