THE PRESIDENT of Serbia, Aleksandar Vučić, said that the beginning of the construction of the highway section from Rača to Bijeljina is very important for Bijeljina, Republika Srpska and Serbia.
– I love Semberija, Bijeljina and Republika Srpska, of course I respect Bosnia and Herzegovina. This has nothing to do with politicians but with the people. Serbia will participate 80% in the construction of this section. We also built the bridge over the Sava, and that is very important when you can reach Belgrade from Bijeljina in an hour and ten minutes – said Vučić, guest on Dnevnik 2 BN TV.
He emphasized that when we open the borders, and we will have to, he says, open them – whether through the Open Balkans or whatever – it will be an hour and ten minutes from the center of Bijeljina to Belgrade.
– Everything will be different then. This brings new investments, new jobs to Serbia, Bijeljina, Posavina… This is something that is very important and I am very much looking forward to it – said Vučić.
He emphasizes that this is extremely important for Republika Srpska, because when this highway to Banjaluka and Tuzla, towards Sarajevo, is built, Bijeljina will become a new hub and it will be important for the economy as well, and it will connect Serbia and Serbia much faster and much closer than before .
Today in Bijeljina, Vučić attended the ceremony on the occasion of the Day of Serbian Unity, Freedom and the National Flag.
When asked if Serbian unity exists today, Vučić said that we should not be ashamed of our differences.
– We have political differences and many differences in beliefs and we should not be ashamed of that. On the contrary, by respecting each other’s differences, it seems to me that we can create that kind of community and unity. There is something that we seem to have succeeded in, people must have noticed it, I’m sure, and I won’t talk about the campaign and politics, but in the relations between Serbia and Republika Srpska, there are no mutual attacks between political representatives and we have overcome that time. We have respect for each other, we understand that we are members of one and the same nation living in different countries – said Vučić.
On this occasion, he reiterated that we are facing a more difficult winter than people think, primarily in terms of finances for all states and entities due to, as he said, all the world’s circumstances, so that we do not get involved in local and regional circumstances.
– The harder winter is because of energy sources, because of food, because all of this will be a problem in the years to come, and rest assured that the next winter will be even worse than this one – said Vučić, stating that because of all this we should hold on as much as possible more together, to respect each other and to think how to overcome it all and to see how we can help each other.
– I am happy that the Republika Srpska can always count on Serbia… To be honest, maybe I bring back part of it from my childhood when I listened to my family when we gathered on St. Ilia, when they said – Serbia will never understand how much we on this side of the Drina love it! Now I want to say how much we love you from Belgrade and every other place in Serbia, but I also want to say the same to Bosniaks and others that we respect them too and that we want to continue to live in peace and with respect, in peace build our countries and to connect and see how we can overcome these difficulties that are in front of us as easily as possible – said Vučić.
It will be, he says, much more difficult than people think today…
Whether there is pressure due to the official policy being conducted in the Republika Srpska, Vučić said that he will not talk about it, stating that he respects the leadership of the Republika Srpska just as he respects the opposition.
– Whatever it is and if it is, I would never talk about such things whether there are or not. I respect the leadership of the Republika Srpska, I also respect those who are in the opposition and I want to remain someone who supports the Serbian people in the Republika Srpska. I don’t want to interfere in the election process. The people of Republika Srpska will elect whoever they want – said Vučić.
As for contacts with the authorities in BiH, the President of Serbia revealed that he also speaks regularly, at least once a month, with politicians in Sarajevo.
– If you ask me if there are any substantive conversations, there are none, every time I come to Bosnia and Herzegovina I report my visit. I try to have decent relations with everyone… make decisions faster… It would also be good for the Bosniaks of Pazar, Tutin, Sjenice from Sarajevo… it would also be good for the Serbs from the Sarajevo-Romania region, Heregovina… This is where we all win and when you see that we all win no I know why there is a wait – said Vučić.
If, he says, it is up to par, I said today that we will give 100 million euros for the section up to Bijeljina, and that will not be a day late, and people should know that, and after that we are ready to give for some other section in Republic of Srpska.
Speaking about the situation in the region in light of the world crisis and conflict, Vučić said that he believes that there will be no conflict.
– We will do our best to avoid conflicts. We have tried all those wars, clashed countless times, let’s try peace a little and try to live and cooperate in peace. That’s why we offered the Open Balkans and that’s why we think it’s a great idea, because when we erase the borders between us and respect state integrity and everything else that someone else asks for, which is not a problem, then people will feel easier, there will be greater trust, it will be easier connect – said Vučić.
He replied that the Open Balkans suits everyone and facilitates the flow of both people and goods without any administrative barriers…
– This will increase salaries and pensions, greater mobility, communication… Sarajevo does not accept that, they think it is some kind of world conspiracy – said Vučić.
When it comes to Kosmet, Vučić said that he is worried and that the situation is difficult. “Serbia is in favor of a compromise, but it is difficult to reach,” Vučić said during a guest appearance on the Central news program Dnevnik 2 of BN television.
Follow us through the iOS and Android apps