GUESTING this morning on Vesti television, MP Goran Vesić said that at the session of the National Assembly we missed the chance to show unity on the issue of Kosovo and Metohija.
Vesić emphasized that this is very bad for Serbia, because Kosovo and Metohija is not a party issue but a national issue.
– The issue of Kosovo and Metohija is a problem that has existed for more than one hundred and fifty years. For a century and a half, there has been a unique Albanian policy whose goal is to ethnically cleanse Kosovo and Metohija. They believe that when there are no more Serbs there, we will not have the right to say that Kosovo and Metohija belong to the Serbs as well – said Vesić.
However, Vesić said that he could not understand how certain opposition parties did not vote for the report, which was in fact a statement of everything that happened and is happening in Kosovo and Metohija.
And he added that they showed that they do not want Serbia to have a single policy when it comes to Kosovo and Metohija.
He said that what bothered him the most during the session was that everything was talked about except Kosovo and Metohija, which is devastating, and that most parties are only interested in the issue of Kosovo and Metohija in order to use this problem for their political reckoning with Vučić.
– The opposition parties hope that Vučić could stumble politically in Kosovo and Metohija so that they would come to power. Therefore, it is not important for them whether the people will be better off, but how they can profit from that situation, which is also devastating – said Vesić.
Vesić noted that since President Vučić came to power in 2012, every year he has been accused of betraying Kosovo.
– After ten years, the situation in Kosovo and Metohija is not ideal, but it is much better, 18 countries in recent years have withdrawn their recognition of the so-called Kosovo, for the first time, most of the countries of the United Nations, out of 197, do not recognize this self-proclaimed independence. The President said that the Ministry of Foreign Affairs has seven and maybe eight more notes about withdrawing the recognition of self-proclaimed independence. Somehow, the Assembly went over it lightly, and that is a great victory for President Vučić.
The emigration of Serbs from Kosovo and Metohija has almost completely stopped, thanks to President Vučić, today even those countries that recognize the so-called Kosovo somehow respects Serbian interests, whether they are political, economic or cultural. We also received the Brussels Agreement, which the Albanians are not implementing because it is in their interest, and for the first time the pressure is on Pristina and not Belgrade. These are all positive things that have happened in the past ten years, which show that our position in the negotiations is better, although it is far from good – said Vesić.
Vesić pointed out that during the two-day session, those who criticized President Vučić did not have a single concrete proposal on what they would do to make the situation better.
Also, Vesić pointed out that it was very important that the political representatives of Serbs from Kosovo and Metohija were in the hall and could see what kind of support their country has.
– These are people who live every day under the rule of Pristina, and they had to listen to the most terrible accusations against them, as people sitting in Belgrade cafes and tweeting tell them. We heard from a part of the deputies, more terrible accusations against them, accusations that the leaders of the Serbs are murderers and criminals. They repeated accusations that you can only hear from Curti and Viola von Kramon. And Kurti says this because he is bothered by Serbian unity and wants to disunite the Serbs. Now we heard his words in the Serbian parliament. Here I am primarily thinking of Milan Radojičić, Goran Rakić, Dalibor Jevtić, but also other Serbian leaders.
I can understand that there are different policies, but I cannot understand that false and blanket accusations are being made against the leader of the Serbs, and the same ones he is making, without any evidence, and Kurti – said Vesić.
Vesić also referred to economic investments in Kosovo and Metohija and said that the representatives of the international community, the part that recognizes the so-called Kosovo, believe that all public and state property in Kosovo and Metohija belongs to Pristina.
He also spoke about Serbia’s investments and assets in Kosovo and Metohija, stating that in 60 years Serbia has invested more than 17 billion dollars in road, energy and telecommunications infrastructure in Kosovo and Metohija, which means that it has a legitimate right to at least 80 percent of all infrastructure and economic capacities in Kosovo and Metohija. .
– From 2002 to today, Serbia has repaid more than 700 million euros of loans that were used to build companies in Kosovo and Metohija, and by 2041, it will pay 930 million euros of the total debt. “Kosovo B”, “Belaćevac” mine, part of Trepča, battery factory, battery factory in Gjilan and “Feronikl”, “Balkan” in Suva Reka, synthetic fiber industry “Printex” in Prizren, seam pipe factory in Prizren were built from these loans. Uroševac, Radiator Factory in Gnjilan – said Vesić.
– Gazivode is Serbian property, the dam was built by Hidrogradnja from Belgrade. In order to form the lake, the Serbian population was displaced from Ibarski Kolašin. More than 600 households, two churches and four cemeteries, the mansions of Jelena of Anžujska were submerged… The construction of Gazivode was financed by IMF loans, and Serbia continues to pay back some of those loans to international creditors.
All this is money invested by Serbia, it is the money of the citizens of Serbia – Ne Vesić concluded.
In the end, Vesić wondered when Albin Kurti was thinking of returning the money that Serbia had invested in Kosovo?!
– Since Kurti says that he is independent and that he does not have to talk to Belgrade, I wonder if he is considering when he is going to return the money that Serbia invested in the economy of Kosovo and Metohija?! He cannot talk that he should be independent from Belgrade and then steal property belonging to Serbia – stated Vesić.
APPLAUSE FOR VUČIĆ: The President at the celebration of the Day of Serbian Unity, Freedom and the National Flag
Follow us through the iOS and Android apps