IF Kosovo were to join the United Nations, no one would be able to expel them from there and they would have an open door to unite with Albania.
That is why Serbia should ignore the proposal to allow Pristina to enter the UN, without formal recognition, according to the model of “two Germanys” and say – do you have any other proposal.
This is what Vladislav Jovanović, former head of diplomacy of the FR Yugoslavia and former ambassador to the UN, warns in an interview for “Novosti”, indicating that the West is in a hurry for Serbia to give its consent to the international recognition of a fake state, because they know that this independence is legally invalid, the result of the use of force. , not approved by the UN.
* Are Vučić’s messages heard in the western power centers that we will neither directly nor indirectly recognize the independence of Kosovo?
– Western partners should understand that they cannot break down the steel wall of our “no” with any kind of flattery, fraud, pressure, psychological-political combinations. Now we also have a new reality: Serbia has become internationally affirmed, economically consolidated, militarily modernized and strengthened, and as such can no longer be the target of the low and primitive blows that the West abundantly resorted to in previous decades. This gradually devalues the importance of Kosovo as a war booty of NATO and America. Because, that loot is now becoming immeasurable in its importance with the growing importance of Serbia as a key factor in the Balkans. The West will be increasingly interested in not losing such a Serbia, if it cannot seize it as a new member of the Euro-Atlantic integration, at least to keep it in a close partnership.
FAILURE OF PREVIOUS INTERMEDIARIES
How do you view the inflation of Western envoys to Kosovo?
– This shows the failure of all previous mediators. This is also a lesson for the West, that the essence is not in the number of envoys, but in revising the unilateral and ultimate approach to solving the Kosovo issue – we have solved everything, you just have to accept it. They should open space for a compromise, which would have to be not only within the framework of Resolution 1244 of the SB, which emphasizes the sovereignty of Serbia in Kosovo, but also an expression of respect for the fact that those same countries, which recognized Kosovo, had previously agreed to the internationally recognized the borders of all the former republics of the SFRY, including Serbia.
* Nevertheless, there are persistent messages that Kosovo is a done deal…
– Serbia has powerful legal and political arguments on its side, and the claim that Kosovo is a done deal and that there is nothing more to discuss is becoming less and less valid. We should not be pessimistic, but firm in defending the legal foundations from which we start. The other side does not have those legal foundations, it only has the foundations of power, which were loud and possible 20 years ago, but today they are no longer. Their hands are also tied because they are now fighting for international law in Ukraine, which they trampled on in Kosovo.
* How realistic is the scenario that the West pulls out an offer as the last trump card: recognize Kosovo in exchange for EU membership?
– The only way for Serbia to enter the EU is with Kosovo, as an integral part of the territory, as it was admitted to the UN. Anything less than that – Serbia and Kosovo entering the EU together, or Serbia entering without Kosovo – must be unacceptable for us and it must be crystal clear. But, first of all, the EU needs to stabilize, to assert itself as a solid and indivisible international entity. At this moment, she is still wandering, she doesn’t know if she is independent, or if she is just a stick of America.
Follow us through the iOS and Android apps