THE PRESIDENT of Serbia, Aleksandar Vučić, who is currently in New York where he is participating in the work of the 77th General Assembly of the United Nations, speaks for Tanjug.
The president said that his speech will be a shade harsher than the previous ones, and that the handicap is that he is speaking after the president of Ukraine, Volodymyr Zelenskiy.
– We will not give up our positions, nor our country. I’m asking people to watch tonight. We took care of every word. Maybe those who delve deeper into the essence of politics will understand what we were fighting with – he said.
Vučić added that he had already announced earlier possible mobilization in Russia, and added that trains from all stations had left.
– No one will stop their machinery anymore. When the elephants fight it’s up to us little ones to hide, but I’m afraid they won’t let us be invisible. That’s why I think they will no longer tolerate Serbia’s libertarian attitudes. They don’t care. Just as they didn’t care when they bombed us in 1999, and just as some others care when they present views that harm Serbia. It is important for us to keep the peace. It’s not easy, you’ve seen Kurti’s latest statements. I think everyone is fed up with each other’s accusations, we will need a filigree game just to survive – he said.
The president adds that the economic situation will also get worse, and that huge changes will happen soon.
– Some countries will emerge from the crisis faster, some less. Some will de facto collapse and lose their economic sovereignty. It is up to us to be skilled and resourceful – he emphasized.
Vučić says that no one has patience for anyone anymore, and that no one will listen to anyone.
– We had a painful wound in 1999, 2008. They don’t really care. Biden said today that the Russians shamelessly invaded the territory of another country. You know how much I respect Biden, but what happened in 1999. That was beyond shameless. Serbia was attacked, but did not enter the territory of another country. How do you explain that the rules must apply equally to everyone. Erdogan and Biden spoke for half an hour each, so maybe I will extend my speech. If they have the right, so do we – added the president.
He says that everyone today refers to international law, and when it doesn’t suit them, they refer to force.
– There are three types of power. Hard, soft and smart power. We can’t use any of that, we don’t have the money for soft power, and the strength for the rest. We can only see how to avoid the power of certain NGOs.
Follow us through the iOS and Android apps