THE PRESIDENT of Serbia, Aleksandar Vučić, spoke to the Serbian media from New York about the results of his visit to the USA and his participation in the UN General Assembly.
President Vučić points out that he also spoke with Dmitri Kuleb, then the Japanese Minister of Foreign Affairs, and the heads of diplomacy of Costa Rica and Panama.
– We talked about everything, but the most important thing with Kristalina Georgijeva was to agree on a standby arrangement with the IMF, so that they would create a buffer and secure themselves for the winter. I’ll quote her: “This winter will be very hard, and the next one will be much harder.” Because the governments have saved some money for this winter, but it will be much more difficult for the next one. Many countries will disappear from the financial radar. We have to avoid that, to secure money. I asked how we should do it, and she said that we have to work on financial buffers – he added.
Vučić said that he also spoke with representatives of African countries, with representatives of Slovenia and Russia.
– I talked for a long time with Lavrov. I thanked for respecting the territorial integrity of Serbia. We also talked about the energy arrangement. I also had conversations that you couldn’t see. And with Hochstein, Jim about Brian. And with Escobar. These are normal ordinary conversations. But everything I said was a topic of conversation with Sullivan, was also a topic with Victoria Nuland. American support is important to us for the economic progress of the country. On the other hand, the situation is getting terribly complicated, the world will not be the same anymore – said the president.
He pointed out that some European leaders requested a meeting with Lavrov, but had to withdraw that request because the ban arrived.
– That never happened before. But it is important for us to discuss everything with the Americans – said Vučić.
The president said he did not want to comment on the possible supply of weapons and equipment to Aljbin Kurti by Britain and America.
– We are facing a difficult period, very difficult. But can we jump out of our own skin? Can we, as some who criticize me say, that we are further away from the EU when we mention Kosovo. Should I forget Kosovo and our people? Should I pretend that children were not killed? We don’t have much choice. And as far as weapons and equipment are concerned, we are small, and those forces are too strong. We are a shade less small than what they think – he said.
Vučić adds that there is information that Kurti was looking for artillery with a range greater than 10 kilometers, and that they have been working on electronic jamming for a long time.
– When they occupied the administrative crossings, they always electronically jammed everything that came from central Serbia. But we will fight back, as far as electronic jamming is concerned – says the president.
He told journalist Pinka that if he declares that we will not go to the EU because of Kosovo, she will not receive her salary tomorrow.
– First Željko Mitrović will lose everything from Proctor and Gamble and everything else. Or are you asking me to tell them that I don’t really care about Kosovo. Why do we do this to ourselves. Let us manage and thrive. And when I have to say it like that, I don’t understand that people don’t understand it. We are neither America nor Russia. Forget your fantasies that we are Germany, Russia or the USA. We do not determine where the world is going. We will not give up our territorial integrity, and we will continue our European path – said Vučić clearly.
The president said that he is almost certain that the West will try to exclude Russia from the UN Security Council.
– Serbia will not vote for something like that, for limiting the right of veto or excluding Russia. We have no dilemma here. For that they need a two-thirds majority. They can also refer to the fact that Russia is not the legal successor of the USSR. But there is an article I think of Act 108, which I see they are preparing to refer to. That would be the overthrow of the international legal order. For one of those decisions, they need China to exercise restraint. God knows what they can do. It is neither far nor impossible. It would be a disaster for us. Because of KiM, of course – he points out.
Vučić briefly added: “Difficult times, and a big burden ahead of us.”
The President said, on the occasion of the announcement by the Ministry of Justice of Croatia that he would not act on Serbia’s request to serve summonses to the four Croatian pilots for a hearing before the special war crimes department of the High Court in Belgrade, that apparently the Serbian children who were killed were not important to them.
– It is proceeding according to the indictment, which is final and valid. The trial could not take place before the Zagreb court, but it should have. They are not interested in the children, because they are Serbian children, so their murder is not a pity for them, and it is understandable that this crime must be tried before the Belgrade court. We believe that children are children, regardless of nationality – pointed out Vučić.
Vučić pointed out that all children have “eyes, arms, legs, and that when someone kills them, we demand that someone must be held accountable.”
– However, I guess that is the democratic democracy, law and justice – he stated.
Vučić also commented on the fact that Vjosa Osmani called on the Arab League to pressure its members to recognize the so-called Kosovo.
– They will do their job. We will do ours. But don’t forget. This is not a question of Pristina, but of our struggle against what all the great Western powers will do. Be careful, we are doing this at a time when they are looking to exclude one Russia. Serbia is small, but we will fight, and it won’t be as easy as they think – the president added.
He also said that he hopes that Serbia will secure a new standby arrangement from the IMF, which would allow us to buy electricity during the winter.
– Let me explain to the ignorant that we always bought electricity in the winter. The country has developed, we consume seven percent more electricity, and nothing has been built for decades. No one else did anything. We will succeed in this, countless worries and problems, but our country will survive, and we will try to live and survive, with as little suffering as possible for our citizens. And we will look at how to save the economy – concluded the president.
Follow us through the iOS and Android apps