THE PRESIDENT of Serbia, Aleksandar Vučić, attended the ceremonial opening of the new production facility of the “Grundfos” factory in Inđija.
– Maybe only two or three factories are bigger than this one – said Vučić.
The president also exchanged a few words with the workers. One is from Inđija, the other from Kovilji.
– Can you stand it? – asked Vučić, and the worker from Kovilji answered in the affirmative.
– The bosses told me that they will increase wages by 15 percent in November – said Vučić to one employee.
He pointed out that the company “Grundfos” now has two production plants in Indjija with a total of about 43,000 square meters.
The president visited the production halls with the management.
Vučić expressed his satisfaction with what he saw and noted that the production is quite automated. The company representatives told him that the factory area has sports fields and a gym for workers’ recreation. The president said that Serbia could attract more investors from Denmark.
Director of “Grundfos” in Serbia Veljko Todorović said that with the new building there will be an increase in production capacity, and the new factory is a “significant contribution to global capacity and improvement of customer service”.
He pointed out that the company “Grundfos” has become one of the largest exporters in Serbia.
– Over 800 dedicated employees enable us to run the factory – said Todorović.
Grundfos thanked the Government of Serbia for its “invaluable support”.
The Ambassador of Denmark to Serbia, Suzan Shain, said that this is a turning point in bilateral relations between the two countries.
– Today is a good day for Serbia and Denmark – said Šajn.
Vučić: I am happy and proud
The President of Serbia, Aleksandar Vučić, said that he is happy that we are opening a new factory in Inđija and that he is proud that we managed to save this company in Serbia and that it continues to work with even greater success. He pointed out that the trade exchange with Denmark will be a record and that it is very important for our country.
– It is important that we have such a large exporter. Today, they are among the top 10 exporters in Serbia, and we believe that the new capacities will contribute to the further growth of our exports – said Vučić.
He says that he is also proud of all the people who work at Grundfos.
– People are smiling. We all have our problems, but people are happy to work for a company that guarantees them stability. Their smiles and their desire to work say more than anything – said the President of Serbia.
Vučić also thanked Susan Šajn for her great efforts in improving relations between Denmark and Serbia and between Serbia and the EU.
Answers to media questions
The President said that he will comprehensively address the citizens of Serbia on Saturday, October 8.
– Then we will talk about all our moves, about our policy. Then people will know how much income they will have – said Vučić and announced energy saving measures.
He says that I have important meetings from Friday.
Answering the question about the statement of Dragan Đilas about the introduction of sanctions against Russia.
– That’s their policy. I don’t see what the big news is. I understand everyone who tries to express their political views in different ways, and that’s perfectly fine – said the president.
He says that he thinks that Serbia’s path is difficult and thorny, but “that path takes care of Serbia’s interests above all.”
– It won’t be easy in the future, and that’s why I’m going to talk about what we can and can’t change – said Vučić.
The president says that he is “not fighting for Putin or Biden”, but “for the women and men of Serbia, for our parents, our children and this country”.
– I am looking at how in these difficult moments Serbia will not be under their attack and because we have to think about the day after, as Angela Merkel said today – said Vučić and said that the pressure on Serbia will multiply.
He says that nervousness is increasing in the West and that political parties and the media will be involved in putting pressure on Serbia. The president said that “things are changing at lightning speed”. It reminds us of the conflicts between Greece and Turkey, Armenia and Azerbaijan, and the decision of the Russian Duma on the annexation of Luhansk, Donetsk, Zaporozhye and Kherson regions.
– It won’t be easy for us – he claims.
He points out that Serbia will not recognize referendums in Luhansk, Donetsk, Zaporozhye and Kherson regions.
– If we admitted that, we would no longer have any position, not only regarding Kosovo and Metohija, but also the respect that Serbia currently has in the international community – said Vučić.
The foundation stone for the new production plant of the Danish company Grundfos in Inđija, which will produce water pumps, was laid in July 2021, and the investment is worth 20 million euros. The new “Grundfos” factory in Inđija covers 17,000 square meters.
The main products of “Grundfos” are pumps for heating and air conditioning, as well as pumps for water supply, waste water and dosing pumps. Grundfos had around 900 workers in the first factory in Inđija, and the new factory in Inđija will be the largest factory of that company in the world. The new factory in Inđija will have a Golden Green certificate, which means that it will be completely energy independent and will recycle 100 percent of waste water.
Follow us through the iOS and Android apps