THE PRIME MINISTER of Serbia, Ana Brnabić, stated that Croatia’s request to stop the delivery of Russian oil to Serbia via Janaf, as part of the new package of EU sanctions against Russia, is an open act of Croatia’s hostility towards Serbia.
– This decision changed everything. Until yesterday, I thought that Vučić would be in Prague under pressure and under fire, and today, after this shameful decision that Croatia insisted on, Vučić will respond fiercely, today they will see who Vučić is and how strong and determined he is. will show them their shame. I don’t think they have seen Vučić until now… Vučić who has strong arguments, with which he will show them all their bullshit. That they exclude some members of the Union from the package of sanctions, but that they do not exclude Serbia at Croatia’s explicit request. They thereby cause direct financial damage to Serbia, our country, the economy, and the citizens get hundreds and hundreds of millions of euros out of their pockets – said Brnabić, guest in the Morning program of TV Hepi.
The Prime Minister adds that this is an open act of Croatia’s hostility towards Serbia.
– Everything that the European Union criticizes Russia for, that’s what they did to us yesterday. President Vučić has a meeting with Von Der Leyen today around 6 pm, and what he can say to them, to the European Union. In Great Britain, 250,000 companies shut down in the first half of the year, when you have a strong economy like Britain and that’s what happens, and you do it to a country like Serbia. Why, because we demand that someone be held accountable for child killers after 27 years. Someone has to be accountable, that is a basic European value, and you are imposing sanctions on us because of that – said the Prime Minister, who said that she spoke with the President several times this morning before leaving for Prague.
Brnabić also said that Serbia imports 50 percent of its oil through Janaf.
– This is the eighth package of sanctions, all countries except Serbia are exempt. We do not have an alternative pipeline. We depend on that oil pipeline, which we also built. Political criteria influenced their decision, they use energy for political revenge. NIS can show you a million correspondences with Janaf, where they guarantee that they will not cut off the flow of oil. Serbia cannot use Russian oil, and Bulgaria can – the prime minister pointed out and added that the president is always fighting, always looking for an alternative.
– No matter how you look at it, we can’t find cheaper oil than this.
– One of the postulates of the European political community, whose first summit is being held today, is to spread and strengthen European values. And the evening before that summit, we saw a European value. Neither Brussels nor the European Union have announced – says Brnabić.
The Prime Minister once again reminded that President Vučić was forbidden to visit Jasenovac.
– Vučić, who is also a descendant of Jasenovac victims, can go wherever he wants on the territory of Croatia, except for Jasenovac – said Brnabić, who wondered why no one condemned it.
– Then they found a man who falsely accused President Vučić of torturing prisoners in Petrinja, the man falsely testified. Fortunately, Vučić had never been to Petrinja in his life. And did that man answer? No… There was also a Croatian veteran who threatened the president of Serbia with death, and did he respond? – asked the prime minister.
– And what will Brussels say, probably nothing. I can’t wait for today, I was kind of anxiously waiting for today’s summit, and now I’m really looking forward to his appearance with pleasure. I know how much justice is, how many arguments are on our side. We should all expect the president’s speeches and statements from Prague today, as well as his address on Saturday.
Follow us through the iOS and Android apps